There are some serious problems with PhotoDune’s standard license terms:
1. No mention of video usage.
2. Resolution limitation (1000×1000) prevents HD video usage.
3. Specifically prohibits “distribution by mobile device,” which would also prevent both web and web video usage, by literal interpretation, and that’s what we as buyers will go by.
I’m a long-time Envato buyer, and although there is some great photography here and PhotoDune looks promising, the usage terms are not appealing, and not competitive compared to other options.
I’ve bought hundreds and hundreds of items from the other Envato marketplaces, but with these terms, I can’t possibly buy from PhotoDune, though I’d like to.
Most people will just do a “drive by” and not bother to tell you why they aren’t buying. So I’ll speak for me and them: fix those terms. They are preventing sales.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.