10 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
mdevaney says

So you have created, what you would consider a wonderful Wordpress Photography theme…

Keep in mind: The only thing that matters in a photography theme is the presentation of the photographer’s photos.

Did you include…

—Model Mayhem link ability
—500px link ability
—instagram link ability
—before and after jquery plugin

Does you theme offer…

—Watermarking (most photographers do this in post, but I would love to see this on web)
—a normal gallery centered
—simple, very simple lightbox
—pricing tables geared to photographers
—responsive switch ( most of the ajax responsive themes are eh..)
—thumbnails with boarder control, simple boarders, ability to size thumbs.
—intergration with woocommerce for the sale of prints, placing a deposit, paying in full.
—A booking calendar with timeslots of studio photographers (where the user can pick times and pay a deposit for days selected by the photographer)
—exif data for images
—instead of disabling right click place a clear png over images so they download nothing, or download a copyright message
—multiple style home pages, maybe one with sections for styles of photography (children, commercial, fashion, portraits..)
—color choices not just light and dark

I cant think of anymore right now, but i’ll be back to add more soon.

I have purcahsed many photography themes and none of them work great, sad really.

Also can we make comments on TF searchable, PLEASE! lol.

193 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
ikaruna says

@mdevaney – you’re right, your input is greatly appreciated :)

jayc

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says
There is a few issues with this

• You can buy a before and after jquery plugin
  • Automatic watermarking would be nice, but how come you can’t do it? Hell even I have created a watermarking website on codecanyon
  • Booking calendar can be bought in codecanyon

It is hard enough to get a photography theme published her, let alone with a smaller selling point.
Asking for a theme, this precise with; watermarking, woocommerce, tons of different style is just insane!

I understand that you want the perfect theme for you, but if your standards are always this high you will be disappointed constantly, choose your favourite theme, Buy it, decide what you don’t like and hire a freelancer.
That’d be your best bet probably
10 posts
  • United States
mdevaney says

• Automatic watermarking would be nice, but how come you can’t do it? Hell even I have created a watermarking website on codecanyon

It is hard enough to get a photography theme published her, let alone with a smaller selling point.
Asking for a theme, this precise with; watermarking, woocommerce, tons of different style is just insane!

I understand that you want the perfect theme for you, but if your standards are always this high you will be disappointed constantly, choose your favourite theme, Buy it, decide what you don’t like and hire a freelancer.

The problem that I run into the most is that they are geared not to photographers but showing off their ajax skills, most themes are not practical.

I’m not a hotel or resutrant so all of the calendar plugins don’t work, spend more time editing the code then it’s worth. It would be easier to odesk it and get what I want. [currently doing this]

Before and after is free btw, google it, you can add it into your theme.

anything that can save time in post is awesome, so watermarking would be awesome.

10 posts
  • United States
mdevaney says

@mdevaney – you’re right, your input is greatly appreciated :) jayc
Thanks!
10 posts
  • United States
mdevaney says

I’m not looking for a custom theme, I know php,html5,js,jq, ruby, and so on.. i understand alot… I’m saying that the developers don’t get it, I’m a old school developer who has changed my entire buisness to photography, and there is not one “good” theme right now for photography, sorry.

I can list them all out here, every theme and go over why they fail in real life situations, that would be insaine.

10 posts
  • United States
mdevaney says

For gallerys, using a dump (normal gallery) rather then a portfolio (one by one) some photographers want to just upload 100 photos into a gallery click update and done.

ability to turn on and off titles..

no tool tips on photos! i don’t wanna see my “MRD_9283” when hovering over photos.

10 posts
  • United States
mdevaney says

Standards are high, well yeah! for $45-$60 for a theme, they are REAL high, seeing how I have to do most of the code myself after I buy it, i’ve now done this idk… 10 times. So.. $500 later..

3072 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

Nice list. Thought the amount of features makes it pretty hard to make a balanced theme that does not look like a default shop. Thing is.. I’m pretty puzzled when I look at the top sellers in photography category… majority of those themes look like photo killers rather than nice showcases. :P

10 posts
  • United States
mdevaney says

Nice list. Thought the amount of features makes it pretty hard to make a balanced theme that does not look like a default shop. Thing is.. I’m pretty puzzled when I look at the top sellers in photography category… majority of those themes look like photo killers rather than nice showcases. :P

SPEAK THE TRUTH!!! Yes you are spot on.

by
by
by
by
by
by