2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
demirevdesign says

Hello guys,

I’ve made some templates recently and I’m almost ready to upload them, but I have a problem with the images. Uploading a template with image placeholders is out of the question, that’s why I spent the last 2 days searching sites, talking with illustrators and photographers, but with no major results.

That’s why I decided to ask you this:

1. If a photographer/illustrator is to give me rights to show his/her images in the preview (but not to include them in the main file/resell them), how should that happen? Do we need to sign some kind of contract which I have to show to TE staff or just an e-mail will do?

2. Can I use images like this http://stockproject.fotolia.com/id/8837433 in a preview, having in mind that their license says that I CAN : Use the image in print and electronic documents, as well as web pages; Modify image or use in derivative works; Make backup copies.

And I CANNOT : Resell the original image; Use image in any way that violates local or federal laws; Distribute copies of image to friends, family or other organizations.

I really hope to get these things cleared :) Thanks!

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
demirevdesign says

Another quick question – If I use images with Creative Common License (ex. from Flickr), can I include them in the main file or just in the preview?

897 posts Community Officer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

Hi @demirevdesign and @klauzer, check out this article on the knowledgebase, it should answer all you questions. If you would like to know more, feel free to ask or contact support directly! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by