I’ve made some templates recently and I’m almost ready to upload them, but I have a problem with the images. Uploading a template with image placeholders is out of the question, that’s why I spent the last 2 days searching sites, talking with illustrators and photographers, but with no major results.
That’s why I decided to ask you this:
1. If a photographer/illustrator is to give me rights to show his/her images in the preview (but not to include them in the main file/resell them), how should that happen? Do we need to sign some kind of contract which I have to show to TE staff or just an e-mail will do?
2. Can I use images like this http://stockproject.fotolia.com/id/8837433 in a preview, having in mind that their license says that I CAN : Use the image in print and electronic documents, as well as web pages; Modify image or use in derivative works; Make backup copies.
And I CANNOT : Resell the original image; Use image in any way that violates local or federal laws; Distribute copies of image to friends, family or other organizations.
I really hope to get these things cleared Thanks!
Another quick question – If I use images with Creative Common License (ex. from Flickr), can I include them in the main file or just in the preview?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.