4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
rogertb says

Hi does anyone have any experience of working with these programmes … I have bought a model as a test (glass) and hoped to import it as a 3d layer into photoshop – then, it seems, it’s possible to save it as a .psd and import it into AE … well when I open the only format available in pshop (obj – which btw pshop thinks is a C4D file) I have a big soft box and a tiny glass … basically I think I’m asking does anyone know if I can make this work – if so I’ll be buying more models !

Thanks to anyone who understands this garbage !

Roger

812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

Don’t quote me on this, because I’m not sure about after effects.

But it seems like you’ve bought a 3d model, which comes in an .obj format and you want a render of that image so you can use it in photoshop or AE?

One way of doing this is to open your model in a 3D program and to then render it. Then you can use that in photoshop or AE, but then again I’m not sure exactly what it is you want to do?

4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
rogertb says

Thanks iamthwee here’s a tutorial that inspired me to try this technique … import 3d model into Pshop as a 3d layer and export as a .psd and import into After Effects as a model (not a rendered image) – good of you to take the time.

Roger

http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/workflow/quick-tip-how-to-import-photoshop-3d-into-ae/
812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

Ah, I didn’t realize you could import .objs into after effects. Well I know nothing about AE so I’ll gracefully step out of this one. Maybe someone who does can chime in.

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
MbrEffects says

hi man why would you import c4d model to hotoshop and then to after effects ? export it automatically to after effects , using the new plugin ‘cineware’ come with after effects - my bests

by
by
by
by
by
by