16 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
ThemeClever says

I consider myself a fairly pro Photoshop user and one of the things that gets my goat about designing websites is having to adjust a hundred different layers to produce another colour variation. Considering that I like to stay fairly organised with keeping each separate element in a different folder, I cant just add a colour filter to all of the coloured elements and change them all in one go.

What would be cooler than Christmas would be a basic colour variable which could be added to each layer and the values for those included in some kind of palet which would allow all of those layers to be adjusted at once (think of color variables using LESS and you got my drift). Does any body know of any techniques/plugins like that? Am I overlooking something?

Currently I have to select all of the layers I want to change together (cmd click) and then adjust them all in one go in the options bar at the top which allow colour and stroke change. The downside of this is hunting out each layer when they are all neatly stored in separate folders.

I have tried putting them all into a single smart object that I can quickly change colour with but that made it impossible to easily move a single layer since they would all then be fused together into a separate object.

Anybody got a better workflow for this?

EDIT: I should say that I tried looking at the idea to save my selection when selecting multiple layers but selecting layers is not a “selection” in the Photoshop definition of the word that you can actually save like when creating alpha channels

by
by
by
by
by
by