1531 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
webdesignerart says

Hi Friends,

Today Accidentally my photoshop has closed at that time i am working on my demo template work from last 2 months, so again i open my .psd file thier is error prompt “could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop”.

:( :(

Several time i try but it can’t open my .psd file. if anyone face this type problem or have any solution to solve this i will be very thankful to you, of-course its my two months hard work.

Thanks

415 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Portugal
unisphere says

Man I feel your pain :(

I’ve switched to a Mac for about 6 months now and the PS crashes stopped and if they occur I still may be able to recover some work using the time machine.

I can’t tell you how to recover your work I’m afraid, what I can tell you is to try and find a hourly backup solution to prevent these situations from happening in the future.

Best of luck

1531 posts
  • Exclusive Author
webdesignerart says

Man I feel your pain :(

I’ve switched to a Mac for about 6 months now and the PS crashes stopped and if they occur I still may be able to recover some work using the time machine.

I can’t tell you how to recover your work I’m afraid, what I can tell you is to try and find a hourly backup solution to prevent these situations from happening in the future.

Best of luck

hmm thnkx.. nice suggestion

25 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
lvbreda says

Have you tried to use 1 of the psd recovery tools floating around on the net? Like this one posted on deviantart : http://news.deviantart.com/article/35508/

1676 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Tean says

Several time i try but it can’t open my .psd file. if anyone face this type problem or have any solution to solve this i will be very thankful to you, of-course its my two months hard work.

I dont want to sound rude, but where is your backup?

231 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
imultime says

The error message sounds like you are opening a version of PSD file that’s saved optimized for the later version (i.e. file containing features that are only supported by the later versions) from an earlier version of Photoshop. It doesn’t say file corrupt, does it? I suggest you to try opening the file from an older version of Photoshop from a different PC, if possible.

306 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United States
DigitalRicky says

I learned this the hard way: back up-back up-back up!

Good luck on your file

1531 posts
  • Exclusive Author
webdesignerart says

The error message sounds like you are opening a version of PSD file that’s saved optimized for the later version (i.e. file containing features that are only supported by the later versions) from an earlier version of Photoshop. It doesn’t say file corrupt, does it? I suggest you to try opening the file from an older version of Photoshop from a different PC, if possible.

Basically i am using photoshop cs5 from last 8 months my all psds are cs5 version, i don’t know how this psd has corrupt whatever. but main big rold is light flacutation that cause this thing.

1531 posts
  • Exclusive Author
webdesignerart says

Have you tried to use 1 of the psd recovery tools floating around on the net? Like this one posted on deviantart : http://news.deviantart.com/article/35508/

not work for me :(

1799 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
BroOf says

I had the same problem and there was now way for me to recover it…. I had to do all the work again but next time with 100 back-ups.

by
by
by
by
by
by