1707 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I have a booklet that has many pages. I didn’t want to create a psd for every single page because if I have to change the background now I just have do to it on the bottom layer without having to copypaste it a lot of times.

But then I’d like to export all pages at once. Every page is made of a layer group. Is there some kind of clever slicing so that I can hit one button then I have many jpegs or tifs or whatever, named by the layer group name? They cover each other and I toggle them with the eye.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

I have a booklet that has many pages. I didn’t want to create a psd for every single page because if I have to change the background now I just have do to it on the bottom layer without having to copypaste it a lot of times. But then I’d like to export all pages at once. Every page is made of a layer group. Is there some kind of clever slicing so that I can hit one button then I have many jpegs or tifs or whatever, named by the layer group name? They cover each other and I toggle them with the eye.

Hi Firsh,

This is the script you can use to do the tasks above. Just open your PSD and drag this JSX file into the Photoshop window, it will run automatically. The output image files are in the same location with your PSD files, named after layer group’s name :) .

I have uploaded it for you here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qy84tq6t2v6tlke

Hope you find it useful in your works,

Cheers!

1707 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

Sounds good but it threw me an error that no parser could open it. I’m using CS5 . Do I need a 3rd party program to be able to run this sccript?

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Sounds good but it threw me an error that no parser could open it. I’m using CS5 . Do I need a 3rd party program to be able to run this sccript?

Sounds strange to me. I’m using CS4 and it’s fine (have just tested again with my file) . This is a Photoshop script, no 3rd party software is required. How about trying to load it by using File/ Scripts/ Browse… and browse the script above?

691 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
graphcoder says

I have a booklet that has many pages. I didn’t want to create a psd for every single page because if I have to change the background now I just have do to it on the bottom layer without having to copypaste it a lot of times. But then I’d like to export all pages at once. Every page is made of a layer group. Is there some kind of clever slicing so that I can hit one button then I have many jpegs or tifs or whatever, named by the layer group name? They cover each other and I toggle them with the eye.

Hi Firsh,

This is the script you can use to do the tasks above. Just open your PSD and drag this JSX file into the Photoshop window, it will run automatically. The output image files are in the same location with your PSD files, named after layer group’s name :) .

I have uploaded it for you here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qy84tq6t2v6tlke

Hope you find it useful in your works,

Cheers!
wow… u soo read my mind… good luck firsh
1100 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+12 more
ranfirefly says

You can use the “Layer Comp” – that’s the all point about this feature.
Check this short tutorial:
http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder/support/howdoiuselayercomps.html
Amazing as it sounds, this feature is pretty old something like 4-5 years old… and I personally fount it just recently, since then I’m always using it, it’s amazing.
You can then export all “comp” to JPEG ’s or separated PSD , or PDF ’s, or whatever you like.

I believe that’s the answer you were looking for.
8)

by
by
by
by
by
by