80 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
novalex says

A new competitor has came which is Pixelmator

I took a peek at their website, and I have to say I don’t think they stand a real chance against Photoshop. First of all, Photoshop has been around for 23 years, companies have come to trust Adobe and will likely not change their software for another company’s. Second, aside from a better looking UI, they don’t really bring anything new to the table. No features to stand out, no improvements worth mentioning, nothing to set it aside from Photoshop or other Adobe products.

41 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
Perspectivaes says

A new competitor has came which is Pixelmator
I took a peek at their website, and I have to say I don’t think they stand a real chance against Photoshop. First of all, Photoshop has been around for 23 years, companies have come to trust Adobe and will likely not change their software for another company’s. Second, aside from a better looking UI, they don’t really bring anything new to the table. No features to stand out, no improvements worth mentioning, nothing to set it aside from Photoshop or other Adobe products.

I agree with you, I downloaded the try version and I took a look, it is interesting for newcomers and amateurs because is surely more intuitive than photoshop and the UI is very nice and simple, but for a professional there is no comparison at all.

It’s a shame, I’d love to leave Adobe sfws because I find their UI everything but user-friendly, and also because a few years ago they “killed” my beloved “Freehand”, the best vectorial sftw ever :)

by
by
by
by
by
by