• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

We have an issue with our most recent theme. Theme suggests 96MB of PHP memory limit setup up in order to work safely. Theme cannot pass through reviewal process because of that.??

Is is a new rule we have to follow? If yes – why isn’t such a thing written in Wordpress theme submission guidelines?

Many best selling themes are suggesting 128MB in their documentation and support forum. ??

Default memory limit PHP is suggesting in general is 128MB: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.memory-limit??

Just to make it clear – our theme will install with less memory than 96MB, but if you activate new plugins and have more pages or you’ll be making big imports/exports you’ll come to a point that it’ll stop working (as any other theme). You’ll end up with not working website just because you didn’t increase your memory limit right at the beginning.

I’ve opened also a support ticked but would like to hear an official statement regarding that as it might help other authors as well.

Cheers.

20 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
dan_fisher says

Did you solve this issue with memory limit? Because I’ve got rejection of my new WordPress theme with the same reason.
Thanks in advance!

150 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

I had to remove the check in order for theme to be approved.

by
by
by
by
by
by