2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
galaxygirl51 says

I inadvertently purchased a PHP site template in (which I can’t use) and this is what “support” said:

“this theme I can see is found under the Site Templates category: Home › Browse Categories › Site Templates › Creative › Portfolio › Cleen Theeme , not the HTML ”

What are they talking about? This template is clearly listed under “HTML TEMPLATES .” I don’t even see a separate “SITE TEMPLATES ” category.

Support was not helpful and will not refund, so buyers beware.

I also think PHP should be a separate category so people don’t make the mistake I did. Yes, I should have been more observant.

Thanks.

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
cime says

delete

352 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
danharper says

The item clearly states it’s using PHP for certain aspects, however it is a HTML /Site Template.

There is a PHP category, however it’s for PHP scripts only.

2 posts
galaxygirl51 says

I stand corrected. Thank you for straightening me out.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

PHP can be used in HTML /CSS templates as long as the PHP is fairly limited. Obviously CMS solutions, etc. don’t belong in the HTML /CSS category. However, lots of buyers assume that because the files end with .php instead of .html that they won’t be able to use them. This is not the case.

In order for a server to process any PHP within a document, the document needs to end with .php. So, maybe the majority of the template is all HTML /CSS only but the navigation uses some PHP . You could easily replace the PHP with HTML only and rename all the files to .html instead of .php.

If you have any questions about the PHP you can usually refer to the help documentation or contact the author. You might even request that the other include an HTML only version of the template.

Hope this helps. :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by