• Greece
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
4riS says

Hello,

My theme rejected again. I thought that this time the theme was ok.

The reason :

Usually, I’d be able to provide more specific feedback but I’m afraid that isn’t the case here. Every aspect of your design will need to be improved, significantly.

Right now the template feels like a freebie and doesn’t offer the level of aesthetics necessary to be accepted under ThemeForest’s acceptance guidelines.

I strongly suggest that you take a fresh look at your theme, evaluate the basics and make improvements as necessary. You might consider taking a look at some of our most popular items to gain a better idea for what we’re looking for at this time. You can view our popular items here: http://ThemeForest.net/page/top_sellers

- Important: Improvements or fixes MUST be made to the above described areas before resubmitting. Resubmitting without making any of the requested changes violates our policy and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship rights.

I don’t know what improvements to do. So i need feedback. :)

Demo : www.4ris.info/phpbb

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

Looks much too unpolished and oldschool design. Check out the latest trends and practice, practice, practice and practice

121 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Greece
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
4riS says

Really ?! Hmmm… So i have to start new theme… Thanks for the feedback… :)

10 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Artodia says

Your style should be GPL . Why? Because you are using prosilver’s (default phpbb style) css files, imageset and templates. You haven’t created anything of your own, you have only modified default style’s components a bit.

WordPress themes have two components: template files (php) and css/images. Template files interact with WP, so they are GPL . CSS and images are separate component, so they don’t have to be GPL . That’s how all commercial WP themes work: php files are GPL , css and images are commercial.

If you want to sell a phpBB style, apply the same logic to phpBB. You can have GPL ’d template files (and you’d better have them gpl, otherwise your users will have major problems installing modifications because all mods assume prosilver’s template layout), but create your own css and create your own imageset. Otherwise it must be GPL .

Actually, this applies to all 4 currently available phpBB styles on TF. All of them are not original works, they are modifications of default phpBB style.

Arty, phpBB Group, styles team.
56 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
amandasmith86 says

Artodia is right you should change your old type template into new looks

Im a nobody.. nobodys perfect.. therefore IM PERFECT !!!
by
by
by
by
by
by