• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
egemenerd says

Another part of my suggestion was to only allow buyers with more than X purchases to rate items.

+1

240 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

What we need is some help from Envato regarding situations like this
Absolutely! By all means feel free to open a support ticket with a link to your item, details of the negative rating and why you’d like us to remove it. There isn’t an internal criteria for removing ratings yet, although for the time being we’re happy to look at removing ratings on a casebycase basis.

The more tickets that are sent in will help us shape the criteria for removing ratings in the future. :grin: .

- Christian

Hey Christian,

Your comment really confused me :) I mean it is wonderful that you (Envato) are offering this but let me share my experience with you and the other authors participating in this Discussion…

I while ago I got a 1 star rating on one of my Items. At that time, this particular Item had more than 200 sales and about 15 five star ratings (only 5 star ratings… rating = 5.00). Then all of a sudden, without having an angry customer in our Support Forum or anything like that, I got a 1 star rating :O
The first thing that came to my mind is that it might be another author trying to ruin my ratings or a customer who rated the item by mistake or something similar… I was really angry because I care about my rating (maybe I care more than I should) so I decided to contact Envato Support…

I opened a ticket (ZPL-683-68219), explained everything in details and here is the response I got:

Thank you for your email to Envato support. I’m very sorry but all ratings are the result of the buyers experience both negatively and positively with your item. Only those who have purchased can rate and there is no place to leave a comment. We are not able to re-evaluate their ratings of your items but should the buyer change their mind they can go back and update their rating at any time. Also we have no idea who rates an item, just that they have purchased, and no way of removing or changing their rating.

So Christian, I hope you understand my confusion. I’ve made the confusing parts bold.

I would really love to hear your opinion about the experience I had. Thanks :)

403 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
gljivec says

In some ways now when ratings are commented and visible, it’s even worse. We got a rating where customer said: “It’s just an ugly Theme”. I guess he should have looked at it before buying, right :). Comments like that just make you feel so warm inside :D

1453 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

In some ways now when ratings are commented and visible, it’s even worse. We got a rating where customer said: “It’s just an ugly Theme”. I guess he should have looked at it before buying, right :). Comments like that just make you feel so warm inside :D

:O

83 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
trippleS says

IMO most simple and elegant solution would be making ratings/reviews public.
and Thanks JoomFx for your great comment.
362 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
WPWiseOwl says

That’s just wrong. In other news, the ugly sweater market is apparently booming (at least during holiday / winter season) but don’t ask me why. People just don’t always make sense. ;-)

201 posts Marketplace Support
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Attended a Community Meetup
MhW Staff says

Hey joomfx!

You raised a great point. It looks like your ticket’s from last October, at which point we (Support) had as much knowledge and control over ratings as Authors.

The ability for us to remove ratings was introduced very recently, hence, the internal policy is still being shaped up. For the time being though, by all means feel free to submit a new ticket with details of the rating you’d like removed, and we can certainly make a decision based on its merits. :grin:

Though, if you are writing in, do be patient. We’re unusually busy at the moment. :(

- Christian

240 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

Great! Thank you very much Christian. Your reply and clarification is much appreciated ;)

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Carmen says

Hi everyone,

I’m going to lock this thread because as Christian said, this subject is still under discussion.

However, currently we are not removing ratings unless they are against the Community Guidelines. We will be getting back to you in the near future with more details on this and as always if you have any issues you can contact the Support Team.

by
by
by
by
by
by