26 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Ekushey says

Will photos like this get rejected because of the airliner’s branding on it, or should I upload them? I’ve got pictures of a lot of commercial airlines like this.

Also, what about a photo like the following (Indian Coast Guard helicopter)?

26 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Ekushey says

Since nobody replied I uploaded 2 similar pictures of airlines to see what happens.

Both got rejected, and the reason was:

“Unfortunately we’re not able to accept your submission at this time as it appears that, to our knowledge, the focal point of your image is protected by intellectual property rights and is not allowed to be sold as a stock photograph in any micro-stock library.”

Sounds OK, this is what I initially thought as well.

However, another reviewer, rejected a similar picture it with a different reason:

“Unfortunately we’re not able to accept your submission at this time as it does not meet our general requirements. Images must be well composed, technically and aesthetically sound, and provide utility for potential buyers.”

Now my question is, why did 2 reviewers provide 2 different reasons? The 2nd rejection reason is obviously not right!

5371 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

They could actually both be correct :) One reviewer focussed on the branding while the other the composition. Either way, if there was branding in either shot they wouldn’t have been approved even with better composition.

by
by
by
by
by
by