35 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
coolcom says

Hi

I have until now in all my designs used pictures from www.sxc.hu without having any trouble. However when I tried to upload my latest design it got rejected because I haven’t aquired some license to redistribute the images. This has never been an issue before but if authors needs to have e special license for every picture used in a template I would rather get the pictures elsewhere.

Are there any stock image website where you don’t need any license and are free to use all the pictures as you wish?

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Getting permission from the image authors at sxc.hu is really easy. Just shoot them a message about the image your asking about and ask if you can use it in a website template that will be commercially resold on a multiuser basis. I’ve never been turned down and pretty much all the authors at sxc.hu that I’ve asked have said something along the lines of “Use it however you want.” and a few ask to see it in use and a few ask to be credited.

It’s no biggy and most of them get back to you pretty quick.

For other resources you can read this roundup at the Theme Forest blog: http://blog.themeforest.net/resources/photos-images-and-icon-resources/

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

good luck with that in the coming months as I read somewhere the other day that getty images just bought them…..

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

btw – use flickr – creative commons but check the license details for distribution at a commercial level

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
good luck with that in the coming months as I read somewhere the other day that getty images just bought them…..

Yup, but it would be a bad idea for them to close down sxc.hu because it attracts a lot of people looking for free images which they can turn into paid buyers. Either way it’ll take awhile before any change to sxc.hu happens.

btw – use flickr – creative commons but check the license details for distribution at a commercial level

+1

35 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
coolcom says

Thanks for the fast replys..

I read the welcome message which among other tings says: “Need a pic for your commercial website design?”

I just interpreted that this gave the right to use the image in a website design sold here but i was clearly wrong :)

I will send and email to the image authors to get their acceptance.

24 posts
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
GaGa says

i have a question regarding this , can i use any pics from this http://www.flickr.com/commons/ ? it has no copyrights

by
by
by
by
by
by