• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
+3 more
ianyates Staff says

If you haven’t yet seen the latest Piecemaker Image Rotator, it’s available for download in all its open source glory over on Activetuts+.

It comes with loads of new features including improved transitions, video and swf support and its very own WordPress plugin! The perfect way to tart up your Themeforest files. We’d love to hear your feedback!

1799 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
BroOf says

Wow great! I love the little clock under the image! Great!

2429 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
digitalimpact says

The new version is very cool, especially since it makes it so easy to add Piecemaker to a WordPress theme.

BUT I ’ll never understand why they removed the left-right nav arrows, allowing only for the dotted nav below the slider :(

I was so excited to use it on my portfolio, but those arrows are an important part of my slider design (here’s a rough WiP to see why), so I’ll go with something else, like Nivo or Coin…

Anyway, awesome job with the WP plugin, I can see ThemeForest flooded with themes that use it now, thanks to the slider manager :)

2160 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Yeah, now we made it super easy for everyone to use the Piecemaker in their theme ;)

16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
saramw08 says

“tart up” = awesome

Not a seller here, but I’ll have to add that to my bag o’ tricks.

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

This is going to sound weird, but one of my favorite things about version 2 is how the shadow moves with the cubes during transition.

13 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
+3 more
ianyates Staff says

This is going to sound weird, but one of my favorite things about version 2 is how the shadow moves with the cubes during transition.

That doesn’t sound weird; it was one of Björn’s number one priorities – a subtle but effective feature :)

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

That doesn’t sound weird; it was one of Björn’s number one priorities – a subtle but effective feature :)

Ha yeah I put it in one of my html themes I’m working on the other day, and I sat there for like 30 mins watching it rotate and watching how the cubes move and shadows move. I love it.

102 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
bjnet says

Very nice!

I would like to use the wordpress version, but can’t make it work.

Can some one please help, that how can i use the Piecemaker 2 for Wordpress?

I installed the pluign and activated that as usual, but having this errors:

When i click on Piecemaker setting having this error:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'PiecemakerMain' does not have a method 'manage_books' in D:\xampplite\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\plugin.php on line 395

When click on Piecemaker Assets setting, than having this error:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'PiecemakerMain' does not have a method 'images' in D:\xampplite\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\plugin.php on line 395

and on help it says:

1. Upload your assets, to upload your assets go to the Piecemaker>Assets and click the Upload New Asset button. 2. Once your assets are uploaded it is time to create your first Piecemaker go to Piecemaker>Piecemakers and click the Add New Piecemaker, fill all the option and click Add Piecemaker button. 3. After creating new piecemaker you have to add Slides and Transitions. Go to Piecemaker>Piecemakers and click the icons next to your slider. 4. To add your piecemaker into the post or page just simple type [piecemaker id=’your_id’/] your_id = id of the piecemaker (it is displayed in the Piecemakers section).

but i can’t make it work,

what does this mean “Upload your assets, to upload your assets” and where is it?

Can some one please solve this out, i will really appreciate it.

Many thanks!

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

Took a look at the Piecemaker 2 code and it’s pretty awesome!

The new version is very cool, especially since it makes it so easy to add Piecemaker to a WordPress theme.

BUT I ’ll never understand why they removed the left-right nav arrows, allowing only for the dotted nav below the slider :(

You could always hire someone from AD to add them for you. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too much work.

by
by
by
by
by
by