596 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

Hello everyone! Today I got my invite to pinterest and decided to check it out. I am still very new to it and have not learned all the ins and outs, but I am wondering is it worth it?

Have any of you guys used pinterest to advertise your work and/or design products? Has it generated good clickthroughs, referrals, and even deposits? and most importantly- Has it generated sales and traffic to your products?

My main goal is to set up multiple marketing streams that are going to lead to some sales and/or deposits. Pinterest is yet another network I have to check out. If you guys would take a little time to share your results I would greatly appreciate it! Also if you have some tips or tricks on using pinterest, feel free to share!

Thanks guys! ;)

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
canimalition says

The first thing when I want to know is, I can upload my Portfolio in there, but… there’s no options to upload something, it’s like, post you portfolio in somewhere, then when there’s Pinterest button you can share it then you can make a pinboard on your account, for me looks like boring but Its Fun.

take a look my Pinterest if you dont minded http://www.pinterest.com/canimalition

596 posts
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

I just uploaded a pin. It was quite simple there is a button on the page that says +add.

1313 posts
  • Located in Indonesia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
canimalition says

I just uploaded a pin. It was quite simple there is a button on the page that says +add.

Yep, just upload a Pin

1845 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+8 more
ShermanJackson says

Trust me! It’s worth it, there is alot of activity in pinterest! I encourage you to upload pins :)

343 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JackHowell says

I love it – I’m a bit of a collector of shiny UI stuff! http://pinterest.com/jackhowell/

Worth noting though that Pinterest terms (or guide or something) mentions about not using it for posting your own work and that you should use it to collect and promote the work of others.

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
quickandeasy says

I swear I have autistic tendencies, I find it so hard to adapt to new sites like this and see the point in them… still wrapping my head around Twitter :grin:

180 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Lung says

Well pinterest is quite fun but for me, there is no advantage to pin my Stock-Items on my wall. I don’t know, but it seems not to be right way. It’s a place of inspiration and not of agressive marketing. I think that the community wouldn’t be amused if I promote my items, so I use it to gather inspirations AND transform this inspirations in new items ;).

@quickandeasy: I am the Asperger-Syndrom-Guy here :D. I can definitely feel with you :D

1412 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

I’m pinning! :)http://pinterest.com/alextintea/

But not so much about graphic or web design, I don’t think pinterest is made for that..

596 posts
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

Alright guys! Thanks for the tips ;) I am most likely going to use pinterest as a source for inspiration and ideas. It seems to have some unique stuff! Thanks again ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by