629 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VagrantRadio says

First off, let me say DO NOT mention any names or link to any sites so this thread doesn’t get locked also.

There out there, stealing your themes and you can easily find them. They have Facebook, Twitter pages and Web Hosts that will aid you in getting it removed.

I came across a site today that is offering hundreds of free premium Wordpress themes (including mine) and I hit their site, Twitter and Facebook pages with DMCA notices as well as emailed some of the authors with links to get as much as possible taken down.

You can find them, do your part and get these crooks shut down. Download one of the zip files and I guarantee you’ll find links to their social networks in a text file. All I had to do was search on Facebook using specific keywords and they even had a button on their homepage to their Twitter account.

Email Envato support with links and you’ll get a shiny new badge to add to ye treasure!

8 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Cakdesigns says

I found one today to after seeing that other thread and already contact the author its pretty ridiculous that people do it. just have to take the appropriate actions to stop them

87 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
aldema says

You should report to Envato with more information

2324 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
You should report to Envato with more information

Many of us have done that(include myself) and the result is that most files are still up. I can understand the frustration of the authors here.

I had open an thread about a similar issue with the result that an staff member dropped an link to the wiki (not more) and locked the thread. Really that pissed me off, what the …. i had hoped to hear something of the staff about this issue instead to see an link to the wiki(which i allready have read a couple of times).(no offense TPN )

This thread will probably closed to:P

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Guys please avoid this kind of posts, Envato is strongly working on it. :)

http://wiki.envato.com/support/what-to-do-if-you-have-found-your-marketplace-files-being-distributed-or-used-illegally/

@Mark We are all frustrated buddy I can assure you that mate, but Envato have a dedicated staff working every single day in this situation, I can tell you that is not easy to attack man, I’ve been sending my own DCMA ’s with 80 – 85% of success for my own files.

For now guys this thread is locked I hope you understand,

Ivor.

Edit: fixed a typo.

by
by
by
by
by
by