21 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
theemon says
Hello Guys,

I wanted to share a tool we just made for ThemeForest authors to have their placeholder images creation process easy. Please have a look here (PlaceHolder)

Why we made this:

When developing our first theme we have to create placeholder images before submitting files to themeforest but it was very time consuming process of doing so. we even search for any tools available online, though there are few but they were made for not the as suitable purpose as we require here for themesforest. We made one, which is so easy to use and generate all the placeholder images in once with the same name as in your real image.

How it works:

1. Open up the link http://lab.csschopper.com/placeholder/
  2. Once opened you can either drag & drop all your image files here you want to be converted in placeholder or you can choose BROWSE to open FILE MANAGER to select your images.
  3. Once files dropped, tool will start uploading the images parallel it will be creating their placeholder images
  4. Once all this process done. Tool populate all of those images in a ZIP format so user can download these in once.
Note: The best part is images are generated with same file name as were dropped. So you simply needs to replace those images in final version and your FinalFiles to upload on ThemeForest is ready :).

We are sure this will be easy to use and beneficial for community.

We welcome your feedback on this tool to improve it for better use.
You can post right here in this forum or write us at support@theemon.com

Cheers!
theem’on
307 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

Thanks for sharing, but when you click “Browse” you can’t select any image format though you can drag and drop. Using chrome on my Mac.

727 posts Theme20.com
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
T20 says

Great work, Thank you for sharing :)

21 posts
  • Located in India
theemon says

Well, Sorry but those points above are not the only features :) We got more for you.

Change Color Setting

You can see a setting icon in left top. clicking on this will open a widget with options. You can choose these settings to customize and generate your images as per your image website themes :). Isn’t this interesting. And not that’s all.

You can also drag and drop any files at any step. even if tool is processing your request :).

Give it a try today!
21 posts
  • Located in India
theemon says

Thanks for the feedback, Will check it soon and will make it work. so maximum user can utilize this.

Thanks for sharing, but when you click “Browse” you can’t select any image format though you can drag and drop. Using chrome on my Mac.
21 posts
  • Located in India
theemon says

Thanks My Friend. Any suggestion is welcome.

Great work, Thank you for sharing :)
422 posts Keep Walking
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
UXbarn says

Wow, thanks for the great tool! This could save us times when creating placeholder images for the production package. :)

Just one comment on the generated placeholder’s color. Could it be possible to select another color or to make it more subtle tone (like light grey) instead of the default green? I think the light tone would be more neutral and not distract much to any designs.

Edit: Oops I just noticed the setting icon at the top left to set the color. So ignore my comment here. :)
21 posts
  • Located in India
theemon says

This is why we made it :) We would feel great when this tool will save lots of our and other authors time. Thanks for appreciation my friend.

Wow, thanks for the great tool! This could save us times when creating placeholder images for the production package. :)

-Just one comment on the generated placeholder’s color. Could it be possible to select another color or to make it more subtle tone (like light grey) instead of the default green? I think the light tone would be more neutral and not distract much to any designs.

Edit: Oops I just noticed the setting icon at the top left to set the color. So ignore my comment here. :)

228 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

At first I thought – wait a minute, i can do this with a PS action, why bother? Then I did a test run; AMAZING tool, thank you so much for sharing! :D

PS: The settings can be easily overlooked, missing some of the functionality.

21 posts
  • Located in India
theemon says

Thanks for the appreciation my friend! We are developers by heart and not very good designers :D though we tried to create an easy interface. Any awesome designer there who can draw a simple layout ensuring every feature is displayed properly and not missing by naked eyes would be great. We will give him a mention in the footer of the tool :)

PS: please suggest the missing functionality. We will try to make them possible in future update.

At first I thought – wait a minute, i can do this with a PS action, why bother? Then I did a test run; AMAZING tool, thank you so much for sharing! :D PS: The settings can be easily overlooked, missing some of the functionality.
by
by
by
by
by
by