3698 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I would never brand anything with the f* i of Apple, Tsafinho, i don’t own an iPhone, but a Galaxy. My girlfriend does. I am, right after Emanuele, a big Apple hater. :)

I happily use a couple Apple products (2011 MBP , iPhone 2G) and generally like what they produce, but would never consider branding myself or my products with an i infront of it. I hate it when other companies do so – very few of them actually pull it off, and it sets high expectations that are not lived up to. Plus, it associates with another brand, which is almost never a good thing for an independent individual or firm.

That said, my vote’s still with unpezvivo ;) If you’re really afraid that your ‘regular’ clients see your Themeforest work, I’d suggest not linking to it and just taking the few people who end up here by googling your username for granted. In fact, I just googled unpezvivo and ended up on your twitter, called pezflash. Googling pezflash directly lead here ;) If everything’s been good so far, I doubt it will change if you change your username – especially when you’re not linking from your site.

EDIT : The 9th hit when googling unpezvivo directly comes up as your pezflash portfolio on Themeforest – you link to your website on there. Perhaps it’s Google being influenced by my ‘profile’ with them, though, as that must obviously mention TF somewhere..

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
Sneek says

“aFishcalledPez”

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

^ “The artist formerly known as Pez” :P

@Joost – Curious, none of my search results for unpezvivo sends to this marketplace, not even my twitter account, that don’t even have a mention to unpezvivo, anywhere. Well, Google and its complicated and sometimes suspicious algorithmics. Bit off topic, but regarding this, i think any person who likes internet should watch this Ted talk.

101 posts Live Long and Prosper
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
DryThemes says

I often see domains and projects with the “-zilla”... So… Maybe “Pezilla” :)

5346 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

“aFishcalledPez”

I like this one and am generally a fan of anything that’s a clever play on words:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095159/ comedy classic

I happily use a couple Apple products (2011 MBP , iPhone 2G) and generally like what they produce, but would never consider branding myself or my products with an i infront of it. I hate it when other companies do so – very few of them actually pull it off, and it sets high expectations that are not lived up to. Plus, it associates with another brand, which is almost never a good thing for an independent individual or firm.

I agree that creating a company built around the prefix “i” isn’t always a good decision, but for what we do here, and the fact that “iPez” sounds so much like “iPod” or “iPad” I think it’s actually pretty clever. Every file made would probably have to work on mobile but that’s why the name works so well because mobile is so big on CC and TF right now. But this is strictly business talking and I understand not wanting to do it for personal or ethical reasons.

5961 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

pezHTML5

pezNoFlash

pezChangedPond

3698 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I often see domains and projects with the “-zilla”...

Get off the bandwagon and put down the handbook

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Never been a fan of changing names / avatars.

It’s like your brand name, people remember it :)

5961 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

hmm… changing brand names for no reason is problematic but pez’s situation is different. Flash is no more and it can only raise eye-brows of buyers rather than anything helpful.

Also I feel pez is on right time to change the brandname bacause,

1. The new venture (recent Themeforest upload) of pezflash seems to be promising and before establishing well with future uploads on there it is better either change name immediately or never.

2. There is no guarantee that the word Flash will have normal meaning anytime soon.

pez, Personally I would recommend think again about new names that not necessarily focuses the word pez but helpful for more consitancy in the coming 4-5 years in the target industry. The big transitions are painful but making sure about consistancy in the future also equally important.

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

@VF, true.

by
by
by
by