114 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Italy
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
KajinDetier says

My brother just bought a violin, he’s trying very hard.

I think violin is just about intonation, fluidity and accuracy, if you miss just a bit the exact, geometrical position of the notes on the neck the whole sound it’s ruined… It’s not like playing piano/guitar, you don’t have “boxes” to push and bling, the magic is there.

Anyway erveryone should work hard for learning to play the violin, because it’s one of the coolest instruments I know! If you want to buy one, please, do it and never stop. :)

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

I was thinking about drawing the frets right on the neck for an easy positioning :)

114 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Italy
KajinDetier says

It sounds like a good idea! Try for it and let us know if it works :)

39 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sweden
descara says

I was thinking about drawing the frets right on the neck for an easy positioning :)

This is a common aid for beginners, they’re very helpful :) But to answer your question – the violin, and all of the unfretted string instruments I’d say, have a pretty high learning curve before things start to sound any good, since you’re very much in touch with the tone and also have to intonate completely on your own – wind instruments are at least somewhat less sensitive with regards to intonation.

328 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
MValentino says

I’m a professional violinist, I received a classical training and then I developed some different techniques and styles, from mid-eastern to Irish, also on electric 5 strings violin and viola.

I play also different instruments, guitars and keyboards, and I can say that violin is the most difficult of all.

The point is that not only you need years to learn to play it at a decent level, but you need constant training just to keep your skills.

3 or 4 days without training is enough to become being off-key and for your bow arm to be less flowing…

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

Sorry, I’ve lost this thread.

It sounds like a good idea! Try for it and let us know if it works :)

Definitely. But I’m afraid this can take a while, ‘cause violin is on 3rd position in my wishlist – right after a new guitar and midi-keyboard )

MValentino, thanx for advice. In my turn I can add, that guitar needs constant practice too, at least after some level in your learning – when you able to play not only the chords and arpeggios, but some complex stuff. So may be we, the real instruments players, all will die out in the bright future of stock-music :)

by
by
by
by
by
by