1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
kimi65 says

Also strongly support this request! Very frustrating, that this feature is missing.

787 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
laranz says

Try using search with Google, and they provide a FAQ tab section along with Item Details and Comments tab, If it is repeat put that solutions there. ;)

@SportTipsWorld wait until 2015 dude. :sarcasm:

5 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
noctatheme says

+ a googol (had to go better than the +100000000)

Another option is to simply offer up all comments for a given product onto 1 page and let us search with ctrl f

Just make the max number to display on a page be 100000 or something like that. If you think about it, the sooner you implement it the sooner we will stop asking questions multiple times the smaller your database will stay :)

18 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Europe
TheAlikA says

+1 I agree with this so much! I try not to trash authors with same repeated questions, so i have to hit my browser search and page through all the 50+ comments of other users to see if anyone asked the same question.

Also another good note will be to allow Authors to place a “Stick Comment” on top of each page. So that they can tell people to go to their forum.

6 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
who2host says

Please add this. I’m searching for some answers on a product and it’s driving me insane!

86 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
wp_workshop says

Cheers Jami and John

Good to hear..

Still not entirely sure why it is so complex. All of the data is within the dB and is stored in I presume comment arrays with product id’s etc etc..

So it really shouldnt matter if there are a Billion comments in the system.. as you are already drilled down within the product comments.. when you are on that area…

To assume all the comments are within one array is quite scary and erm.. a tad daft. A good sql fella could whip up the correct db query in a few mins

Essentially, the request would only be > search via comments for product id “blah blah Blah”

Anyhoo look forward to it.

Yes, the query itself is simple, i guess that it’s more because of the optimization and performance. Envato maybe uses MySQL, so when 1000000000* users search for comments (+ add already searching for items), site gets overloaded.

That’s why Facebook or similar use graph databases, for some stuff they are much faster.

*maybe slightly exaggerated number :D

189 posts responsive
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
ZERGE says

+100500 :)

457 posts
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

One of the authors I work(ed) for actually developed a comment search since they only support via comments… something magically happening with proxy which let me log in to their themeforest account (restricted to certain themeforest.net pages, not seeing their balance) with my own login credentials so I didn’t have to know their pwd, but so I could reply to comments under their username, I don’t know how it works but it’s awesome.
He said he’s considering to sell the script, if I remember correctly he threw that thought away because Envato mentioned they’re going to implement it soon… 

I’m not sure if I can mention his name – so I’ll ask him real quick if he wants to chime in or reconsider selling the script, I’m sure many would be interested.

1731 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
gbs says

Hmm, I was just looking for this, too. I remember an author created a addon script for searching comments but I can’t find it now, or did I remember it wrong?

Please Envato, if you allow Comment as a kind of support forum for the item, you must have a search function for it. The only solution now is Google search which often leads to wrong or inaccurate result, even with the “site:” query…

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United Kingdom
caspararemi says

I’d also really like categorising comments. So most might be ‘support request’, but some might be ‘features suggestion’ or ‘general feedback’.

Feature suggestions could have +/- options for people to up and down vote them. Many authors base future updates on the feedback they receive so it’d be really handy to see exactly what users desire.

by
by
by
by
by
by