• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

...refrain yourself to leave harsh comments on other authors files. If you guys think that something is wrong just contact envato support and explain to the staff which is the problem.

Expressing negative opinions on the files comments doesn’t help anybody, the only result is a negative image of ourselves that we give to our buyers… then, if there isn’t any real issue (and only the staff can decide this) leaving rude comments will only vanify the hard work we put in our files.

I understand that there is a huge competition here nowadays, but having all the files pages full of flagged comments doesn’t return a good image of this marketplace to the outside.

Don’t kill yourself, let’s keep this place as awesome as it is right now.

Cheers,

Parker

1012 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
wizylabs says

I understand you point and probably know while item you are talking about. But tbh honest, authors needs to sort them selves out. Designs are pretty much the same here on TF and reviewers aren’t doing anything about it.

This place needs to get under control before it gets out of hands and become like graphic river or activeden where files are only sold once or twice.

WP themes are pretty much the same design with re-skined pages and different colours. This needs to change. TF staff seems that they dont mind having cloned items over here aslong as it sells (money in).

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

I understand you point and probably know while item you are talking about. But tbh honest, authors needs to sort them selves out. Designs are pretty much the same here on TF and reviewers aren’t doing anything about it.

This place needs to get under control before it gets out of hands and become like graphic river or activeden where files are only sold once or twice.

It became sort of features race other than originality and good design race.

As you say, if reviewers miss the point, help them understanding what you think privately or just contact Mark, the site manager.

Posting negative comments on the file page won’t solve the problem. Talk only to the ones that have the power to find a solution ;)

1012 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
wizylabs says

As you say, if reviewers miss the point, help them understanding what you think privately or just contact Mark, the site manager.

Posting negative comments on the file page won’t solve the problem. Talk only to the ones that have the power to find a solution ;)

Well I understand your point and its indeed a better solution that just commenting on the item (like what I did :D ) but sometimes you just cant stop your self, but tbh before I post a comment over there I tweeted TF people about the issue :)

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

That’s ok, my message is for every author, not one specifically.

If we start to attack each other in our files pages then, in no time, we will hate each other so bad that any occasion will be the good one to try to bring down other authors work.

If you attack in public an author be sure he will attack you back when you will publish something. We’ll always find something attackable, in every theme, so the risk is to start a neverending fight.

327 posts just a random dude...
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
trendyWebStar says

That’s ok, my message is for every author, not one specifically.

If we start to attack each other in our files pages then, in no time, we will hate each other so bad that any occasion will be the good one to try to bring down other authors work.

If you attack in public an author be sure he will attack you back when you will publish something. We’ll always find something attackable, in every theme, so the risk is to start a neverending fight.

+1 i agree :)

613 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+4 more
Kriesi says

I agree with you that posting on the item board is probably not the best way to deal with the problem, but I am not sure if contacting the site manager or a reviewer would help any more.

The problem of items beeing too similar emerged more than a year ago and we were told back then that reviewers would be more strict from now on, but from what I can tell that didnt really happen. Sometimes making a problem public on the forums and item boards is the only way to get the attention you need (something I have learned from Dany ;D )

In this particular case its probably a little bit harder, since the original theme, as well as the “inspired” theme are very minimalistic. But the fact that everyone, here as well as on twitter (think I have read 4 different complains about this theme today) seems to know which theme we are talking about tells a lot I would say. And if everyone out there seems to notice that and it still gets approved, I have to wonder if this marketplace is heading into the right direction or if we will eventually really end up as the next flashmonster were every theme looks the same and only gets purchased 2 times.

What bugs me as well is the fact that now even 80×80 thumbs are “inspired”.

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

I agree with you that posting on the item board is probably not the best way to deal with the problem, but I am not sure if contacting the site manager or a reviewer would help any more.

The problem of items beeing too similar emerged more than a year ago and we were told back then that reviewers would be more strict from now on, but from what I can tell that didnt really happen. Sometimes making a problem public on the forums and item boards is the only way to get the attention you need (something I have learned from Dany ;D )

In this particular case its probably a little bit harder, since the original theme, as well as the “inspired” theme are very minimalistic. But the fact that everyone, here as well as on twitter (think I have read 4 different complains about this theme today) seems to know which theme we are talking about tells a lot I would say. And if everyone out there seems to notice that and it still gets approved, I have to wonder if this marketplace is heading into the right direction or if we will eventually really end up as the next flashmonster were every theme looks the same and only gets purchased 2 times.

What bugs me as well is the fact that now even 80×80 thumbs are “inspired”.

I agree, I hope that also thread like this, that are politically correct will get as much attention as the rant style ones… I mean, with other words we’re talking about the same problem, but without calling out any specific author or file ;)

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

@Kriesi – Haha, it’s a good trick isn’t it?

Seriously P&K, I have a LOT of respect for you but let me tell one thing …

You seriously should talk about the guy who FUKNG ripped Orman’s theme instead of talking about the guys who express themself on his item’s board.

It’s not about the competition, it’s not about the money, it’s about freaking integrity.

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

There you go the item is gone.

Thanks lord.