273 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
JumaStudios says

Hey guys, Not long ago I was asking for some tips regarding violin recording. I got some really great ones from people around here and things really changed.Now, I am working on a track for a Pop meets Classic show,here in Germany.Anyways the piece will be played live but I still have to come up with a recorded product by the end of this month. I am almost done but still Im not totally happy with the violin recording. It sounds like out of the picture still.Especially that in the end product I gotta introduce some other solo instruments as well. How can I make it blend in more? I worked with the reverb and its pre delay,did some filtering,compression,bla bla…Do you have any other tips please?? Here is the first half of the track https://soundcloud.com/jazztin/freedom-part-1

306 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Argentina
MeGustaMusic says

Hi Juma, the violin sounds really amazing! very good interpretation. I donĀ“t know too much about this issue, but i ll talk anyways, perhaps it help you.

For me , the track sounds great and the violin too, but if you would like to blend it, I would put down a little bit the volume of the violin, perhaprs -3db the violin track, and then try to make it appear again through the reverb aux.

Also, after putting the volume down of the violin, I would add a the violin to the same reverb aux that you used for the Snare. That way you ll gain volume and prescense but withouth touching the violin track.

Hope I made myself clear. Best Regards

273 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
JumaStudios says

Thanks a lot mate! I will try to apply your advices and let you know about the results!

82 posts
  • United States
houseofsounds says

I think the violin sounds great, maybe just bring it down a hair, it get’s pretty loud in some spots. Cool track.

Fernandestelecaster
Fernandestelecaster Recent Posts Threads Started
114 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Fernandestelecaster says

Tried adjunsting the presence using the parametric mixer (arround 1-6 khz)? This could make it blend better with the rest.

Fernandestelecaster
114 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Fernandestelecaster says

houseofsounds, I think that if you have a problem regarding the dinamics of the recording you can’t solve that by adjusting the volume. The dinamic remains the same, if you bring it down a hair using the volume, you end up blending in the loudest part with the rest of the tracks, but not hearing loud enough on the softer parts. But if you ajust the dinamics of the recording, it should blend in just right. You need to apply a parametric mixer on the track and adjust the right frequency. Check the link bellow, it is a good example on the effect you get by changing different frequencies on different instruments.

http://emusictips.com/downloads/Frequency_ranges.pdf
Fernandestelecaster
114 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Fernandestelecaster says
547 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sweden
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+3 more
Celestial-Sound says

That violin is dope brother!

273 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
JumaStudios says

Thats some really useful piece of info Fernandes!Really appreciate it! Cheers! @E-Flex Thanks a lot mate! Nice to hear such feedback from fellow musicians!

by
by
by
by
by
by