924 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

I am about to attempt my first photo upload, only 5 pix. Excuse the very basic question, but it does not mention in the general upload instructions that the images should be in a folder, or zipped. On GR everything is zipped. Could you clarify please? (I haven’t actually had a look at the dashboard for Photodune yet in light of the scary comments in this thread !!)

Another noobie question: Can anyone direct me to a tutorial about basic calculating of megapixels in an image? If i have an image of say 2560×1600px at 300dpi…. what’s the formula? Just multiply??

5545 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

The only time you will need to zip up your photos is when applying to be an author and you are sending in a sample of your work . After you are approved you will just upload regular jpeg files :)

924 posts
+5 more
joiaco says

The only time you will need to zip up your photos is when applying to be an author and you are sending in a sample of your work . After you are approved you will just upload regular jpeg files :)

Thanks Kingdog, I seem to have success last night with uploading, no problems except for the fact that our internet speed here means that each jpeg took over 5 minutes to upload. The penalty for living in a relatively quiet neighbourhood of the planet :) Now i hold thumbs for approval.

354 posts
  • Located in United States
+12 more
JoshuaSprague Envato team says

Thanks Kingdog, I seem to have success last night with uploading, no problems except for the fact that our internet speed here means that each jpeg took over 5 minutes to upload. The penalty for living in a relatively quiet neighbourhood of the planet :) Now i hold thumbs for approval.

Great job! Make sure you take a look at the following set of detailed instructions on how to upload via FTP . It won’t make your internet speed any faster but will sure ease the pain.

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/342

Let me know if you need any assistance :)

354 posts
+12 more

Another noobie question: Can anyone direct me to a tutorial about basic calculating of megapixels in an image? If i have an image of say 2560×1600px at 300dpi…. what’s the formula? Just multiply??
Also, try this for your calculations :) http://web.forret.com/tools/megapixel.asp?width=2560&height=1600
924 posts
+5 more
joiaco says

Thanks Joshua, the link is much appreciated. Still no word on my upload yet but another few days need i expect.

924 posts
+5 more
joiaco says

Apologies for flagging the previous message for reply, but it is still relevant; 10 days now and not a word about my five images that i uploaded. The same ones that were initially approved to open a portfolio. The strange thing is that i got a “Withdrawal Notice” from Photodune when i don’t even have a portfolio yet, but i guess it is all Envato. Anyway i would really appreciate some indication as to who and what i should ask. Thanks

354 posts
+12 more

Apologies for flagging the previous message for reply, but it is still relevant; 10 days now and not a word about my five images that i uploaded. The same ones that were initially approved to open a portfolio. The strange thing is that i got a “Withdrawal Notice” from Photodune when i don’t even have a portfolio yet, but i guess it is all Envato. Anyway i would really appreciate some indication as to who and what i should ask. Thanks

Hi joiaco so sorry for the delay on this one… Looking at this a bit, it looks like maybe you have 5 items here http://photodune.net/item_submissions that need correction before you can submit them. They look to be missing descriptions and tags.

Please let me know if you need anything else :)

924 posts
+5 more
joiaco says

Hi joiaco so sorry for the delay on this one… Looking at this a bit, it looks like maybe you have 5 items here http://photodune.net/item_submissions that need correction before you can submit them. They look to be missing descriptions and tags.

Please let me know if you need anything else :)

Oh dear, seems i missed half of the upload process!! Thanks Joshua.

by
by
by
by
by
by