I need some help. I’ve been trying to submit this WP theme I’ve been working on. This is my first WP theme to be submitted to TF. It’s named “The Firm” and my target market are law firms and other traditional business.
Here’s the link to my live preview: http://themes.thefirm.gambit.ph
It got rejected, here’s what I got from the email from the reviewer:
This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria
We’ve declined your submission due to its current level of design quality. However, we encourage you to continue improving your submission and try again.
...and from a previous rejection note:
1) Right now the template doesn’t offer the level of unique aesthetics necessary to be accepted under ThemeForest’s acceptance guidelines. Please consider viewing our Top Sellers page to get a good sense of the aesthetic level of popular files:http://themeForest.net/page/top_sellers
I honestly believe that there’s no problem with the theme, I’ve followed all uploading instructions carefully and I think it’s aesthetically pleasing for it’s target.
What am I missing?
Any comment will definitely help!
not an ugly design you got going on there, that’s for sure. But some of the elements of your theme need improvements, and I agree it is not ready yet. Did you reply to the reviewer’s email in order to get more detailed feedback?What I can point out is:
- The shadows below the boxes are too strong and not polished well. They are not too natural as well. Take a look at these shadows and you will see the difference.
- The gradients in the grey boxes are way too strong, they need to be more subtle, like dark grey to just-a-little-less-dark-grey, not dark grey to bright grey.
- I did not check it in photoshop or anything, but just relying to my eyes it seems like the images are not centered to the grey boxes above them? A little bit too far to the right maybe.
- How come there is only one button to read more? It seems lost.
- The theme lacks whitespace and proper margin.
- The menu/submenu font/appearance is not appealing
- The read more/post comment button in the blog section can use another font family. Footer headlines are really big, I feel like footer headlines need to be way smaller than regular ones because they are not equally important (visual hierarchy).
Keep your head up, you are on a good road.
I hope I could help!
Thanks for the comments Glossycat!
I understand them all, but can you provide a few comments regarding whatspace and margins? What areas do you think would need adjustments?
The reviewer was kind enough to provide me a screenshot of things I can adjust. http://d.pr/Body
I’ve update some of the items pointed out, but what’s wrong with the 4 arrows in the bottom left of the screenshot?
Here’s the updated theme, I’ve added a small config area: http://themes.thefirm.gambit.ph/
Screenshot link doesn’t work.
That’s weird, it works in mine. He pointed out the following:
1. front page feature box title (I’ll change this one and completely remove the boxed title) 2. feature box text: the “Mauris fermentum…” 3. feature box learn more button (I told him these had configurable colors and text) 4. the text below the feature boxes
Any suggestions for these and the theme in general?
Works now, probably a problem with the server temporarily.
Kailoon basically pointed out lots of the issues I mentioned as well. Why don’t you change them first and see how far it takes you? I think the bottom arrows in the screenshot could mean that some of the elements look placed randomly and without proper sense.
Made the frontpage simpler and cleaner now
- The read more/post comment button in the blog section can use another font family.
I agree with Glossycat- buttons could be improved with a new font. Also, I just saw your latest updates. Global Lighting effect in the footer could be “softer”.
Good luck when your resubmit your design!
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.