2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
MandySwift says

Hi, I recently purchased Luxuos theme and am having enormous trouble getting the shortcodes to work. The only way I can get them to work is using Ultimate Tiny MCE and the shortcode adder in the WYSIWYG editor (is this correct or not)? I am trying to get a 3 column effect like on the demo site http://themeshaper.com/themeshapers/themes/?theme=luxuos I have added [one third] shortcodes with dark header in between and a portfolio shortcode. However, no matter how many times I try, I can only get 2 boxes to show on a line and the third one either doesn’t show or shows on a separate line. I tried it with 4 columns just to see what would happen and the same thing happens.. Does anyone know if the theme is buggy, or could you point me to what I am doing wrong. Any help or pointing towards tutorials gratefully received, as I am currently unable to use the theme! Thank you Mandy

586 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

Contacting the theme developer is always the starting point. Did you already tried that?

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
MandySwift says

hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I did email support twice but I haven’t heard anything back yet. Is there someone else I should be contacting? Many thanks

585 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AlexFjord says

The author is the best bet or a freelancer.

Without seeing the code can’t really help but are you sure you have closed the shortcodes correctly?

For example 1/3: you may have the first and second column using:
[one_third]Text[/one_third]
BUT in some themes for the last column (to make it clear it is that one) they use something like:

[one_third_last]text[/one_third_last] or [one_third.last]text [/one_third.last]

Try both of those ONLY FOR THE FAR RIGHT COLUMN E .G. the last

Also have you check the documentation properly as it is probably covered somewhere in there.

Good luck

by
by
by
by
by
by