4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
lopezamuel says

Hello,

I recently installed WordPress on my customer’s host and everything seems to install well.

The problem is when I try to access the page it gives me the following error:

403 – Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I don’t know what to do. This is the first time this happens to me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Samuel.

339 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Netherlands
+4 more
RikdeVos says

Instead of going to www.example.com/ try going to www.example.com/index.php. Maybe that makes a difference, I dunno. If that doesn’t work, check in the database if you’ve entered the correct site URL .

322 posts
    Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
JoshuaSprague Envato team says

Hi there! can you provide a link to the site?

141 posts Get in the spotlight
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FamousThemes says

One of the issue might be:

If the installation is on windows server, it might be directory indexes. This meas by default his configuration is set to load index.htm, index.html, default.htm, default.html, default.asp files and not php files.

If this is the problem, you have there in your web option control panel the posibility to add index.php to the directory indexes.

This might be one of the reasons to get the error.

403 – Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

But of course could be also something else.

Hope this will help.

Regards.

4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
lopezamuel says

Thank you everyone! I’m going to try your suggestions?

Question, the hosting says ‘Linux’ hosting. Do I need to do something different with the word press installation?

@Joshua: This is the link to the page: www.virnezphotography.com/virnez

Thank you all for your help!

76 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
displayinline says

It also happened to me sometimes, it was always related to Unix rights: try logging with your FTP client and check that the rights for the whole Wordpress folder (including sub files and directories) is 755.

Worked fine for me, hope this helps!

by
by
by
by
by
by