40 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
razzc says

I just bought this theme from the forest and surprise surprise the theme-author seems to know very little about php and what goes under the boot. I bought it because it suited my client and I too liked the theme. It has some nice features and specially theme’s admin panel is cool.

I have manged to do most of customization myself but when it comes to getting to the codes in PHPs, I struggle like many others in my boat.

I was wondering if someone out there kindly help me with their priceless expertise. On the product page of this client of mine, http://www.australasiatextiles.com.au/products-2/ If you scroll down a bit you will come to the Gallery where there are all the thumbs. Right below every thumb there is the name of the category and that name is linked to some URL that I would like it to be unlinked.

Thank you everyone in advance. :)

Cheers, razzc.

2453 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

DOTPLUS Freelance Web Design & Developers?

“customization” and “my client” don’t go well in the same paragraph around here, unless they’re followed by “I have a budget for this”. Expertise for customizing a template isn’t priceless, it actually has a cost ;)

Anyway, ask the devs at DOTPLUS to search for the page template being used there and then remove the <a> tag inside a <em>, inside a <li> with a class of portfolio-item. That should do it.

1034 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

So you’ve got a client and don’t know how to get rid of links?

407 posts
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says
I just bought this theme from the forest and surprise surprise the theme-author seems to know very little about php and what goes under the boot

Given that they built the theme (based on PHP code) that you purchased, it seems a bit unfair to suggest that they know “very little” about PHP.

That said something this straight forward I am surprised the author was not prepared to help you
120 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
CodBits says

send me an email through my profile. I try to fix this for you.

2453 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
digitalimpact says

That said something this straight forward I am surprised the author was not prepared to help you

Would you, as an author, offer free customizations for your theme? Nothing personal with anyone, just trying to point out the obvious reason as to why there probably was no reply :)

40 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
razzc says

I just bought this theme from the forest and surprise surprise the theme-author seems to know very little about php and what goes under the boot

Given that they built the theme (based on PHP code) that you purchased, it seems a bit unfair to suggest that they know “very little” about PHP.

I THINK I ASKED FOR SOME strong>HELP

120 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
CodBits says

I THINK I ASKED FOR SOME strong>HELP

contact me if you want. I try to do that for you.

1034 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Would you, as an author, offer free customizations for your theme? Nothing personal with anyone, just trying to point out the obvious reason as to why there probably was no reply :)

Removing a link of a theme I made would take about 5 minutes max. I would do it!

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Kyahcrea says

Hi,

Do you know if its possible to change a theme for another one without pay more? Excuse me for my english. I’m from France… Thx for an answer

by
by
by
by
by
by