326 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
-bianca- says
I am pretty sure I am going empty-handed

Shydesign offered his help three times now. Take it :-)
40 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
razzc says

I have Bianca. :) Thanks. I am just disgusted by the response form others.

585 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AlexFjord says

In fairness to everyone – when we all sign up for this marketplace it is stated that authors are not required to offer any form of support let alone customisation.

Granted many authors do offer generous support which no doubt really helps those less experienced. The authors deserve the respect for putting the work in to create the great files that people buy here. Without their skills many people would be left to have to try and build a site from scratch and I am sure that that would turn out far worse for them.

What it comes down to is that anyone who takes on paid client work, is the only person responsible for resolving any issues that they face whilst completing the project.

Either way you are getting the help you require to fix the problem, so problem sorted. Good luck with the rest of your project.

40 posts
  • Located in Australia
razzc says

In fairness to everyone – when we all sign up for this marketplace it is stated that authors are not required to offer any form of support let alone customisation.

Granted many authors do offer generous support which no doubt really helps those less experienced. The authors deserve the respect for putting the work in to create the great files that people buy here. Without their skills many people would be left to have to try and build a site from scratch and I am sure that that would turn out far worse for them.

What it comes down to is that anyone who takes on paid client work, is the only person responsible for resolving any issues that they face whilst completing the project.

Either way you are getting the help you require to fix the problem, so problem sorted. Good luck with the rest of your project.

Thank You. I was just disappointed to get the quality of response from people. I asked for help. If they can, fine. If they can’t just leave people alone. I am pretty sure they must have plenty of time to themselves. Very unprofessional. I am glad I don’t have to work with some of them.

1345 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I just bought this theme from the forest and surprise surprise the theme-author seems to know very little about php

Hey Razzc,

I’m sorry you feel dissapointed by the quality of replies you got, but can you not see how the quote above says – “I got a theme, & as usual ThemeForest authors don’t know PHP”

I think you might have wound most people up from there, hence the angry replies!

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

IT’s because you say you’ve got a client yet you don’t know how to edit out a link whist you complain that other people don’t know things.

58 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
PressLayer says

Hear funny!

I’m author of that theme.

That’s my code, I wrote it for my own theme, why I dont know? Because it is not focus in one file, I can remove it for you but you dont request that, You want to do your own.

120 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
CodBits says

Hear funny!

I’m author of that theme.

That’s my code, I wrote it for my own theme, why I dont know? Because it is not focus in one file, I can remove it for you but you dont request that, You want to do your own.

for the customization purpose, I guess three or more files should be edited, but the needed one for this customization was shortcodes.php

120 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
CodBits says

IT’s because you say you’ve got a client yet you don’t know how to edit out a link whist you complain that other people don’t know things.

Calm down. It was not just removing an <a href=""></a>. Look at this Thread

Of course it is for two years age, but it is not an super easy task.

BUT, may be you are one of the good Dev who considers these stuffs so easy.

40 posts
  • Located in Australia
razzc says

I just bought this theme from the forest and surprise surprise the theme-author seems to know very little about php

Hey Razzc,

I’m sorry you feel dissapointed by the quality of replies you got, but can you not see how the quote above says – “I got a theme, & as usual ThemeForest authors don’t know PHP”

I think you might have wound most people up from there, hence the angry replies!

Incorrect! Read my original post again. It says ‘author’ NOT authors neither have I used terms such as as usual and everyone knew exactly what I was talking about it. Funny people are making things up. But like I said in my earlier post that quality of response I got reflects the quality of their mentality. They’re so super-intelligent like HRH Ben Shepperd who said He is looking for support, I wonder what makes him think I am a man?

People only read my criticism of this author and totally blind folded to all the good stuff I said about the theme.

@BenSheppard: When did I say other people don’t know things You are making things up. I was pretty specific in what I wrote. The original post is still there. You need to pull your head out of the sand dunes and do something more productive Ben. Getting a job would be good start.

@vntux: Thanks for the offer. I have made a small financial offer. Please check your email :)

by
by
by
by
by
by