265 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
corrella says

My vectors are soft rejected because of following reason: “There are open paths in the EPS file, please close them.” And the reviewer sent me a link to that free software: http://rj-graffix.com/software/plugins.html#SelectMenu. I’ve installed it, but it doesn’t work. Can anybody tell me his/her experience with this plugin or another way to find open paths? Thank you!

339 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
kevinhamil says

what version of Illustrator are you using?

... rather, my point of asking is simply that if the plugin is not working at all, then double check that you have the right downloaded version of the plugin for your OS and Illustrator version. That plugin page has a ton of options to download and I could see it easy to mistakenly download the wrong file. I would double check that first.

265 posts
+7 more
corrella says

what version of Illustrator are you using? ... rather, my point of asking is simply that if the plugin is not working at all, then double check that you have the right downloaded version of the plugin for your OS and Illustrator version. That plugin page has a ton of options to download and I could see it easy to mistakenly download the wrong file. I would double check that first.
Thank you for your reply. I use CS5 and windows 8. And I’ve downloaded the windows version 13 for Illustrator CS3-CS5. Then I dropped the folder into my illustrator plugin folder. Do I have to do anything else?
339 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
kevinhamil says

Then I dropped the folder into my illustrator plugin folder. Do I have to do anything else?

I’ve never used this plugin before so I have no experience with it. But if it was zipped up, make sure when you unzipped it that it didn’t extract it as a folder inside a folder. You want the plugin files to only be 1 level deep, if that makes sense.

Is the plugin showing up in illustrator but just not doing anything? Or is it not even showing up at all? If its not showing up then I would think its a comparability issue or a file path issue like I mentioned. If it is showing up but seemingly not working, then I would read their documentation to make sure you know how to use it properly.

Hope you figure it out.

265 posts
+7 more
corrella says

It is not even showing up at all. Is there any other solution to find and close open paths? Thanks a lot for you help kevinhamil.

265 posts
+7 more
corrella says

I think I’ve found a solution. When you mark the objeccts and use ctrl + j or command + j all paths were closed. My document information shows me 0 open paths. You can close this thread too :-)

1052 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Alexlasek says
265 posts
+7 more
corrella says

have a look here: http://vectorboom.com/load/techniques/pathclothing/16-1-0-158

Oh yes, this link is also very helpful. Thanks a lot! :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by