1012 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says

Maybe a simple pop up demanding a clear and coherent reason from a buyer as to why they are rating 1 star? If it goes something like…

“Y DIS THEME NO WORK ? I HAVE SPENT 4 SECONDS ON IT AND HAVE DEADLINE FOR TOMORROW MORNING !!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO PUNISH SOMEBODY FOR MY OWN INCOMPETENCE ”

... then you know that it is not a legitimate and fair rating.

soo true, happened to me couple times :@

814 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

“I HAVE SPENT 4 SECONDS ON IT AND HAVE DEADLINE FOR TOMORROW MORNING !!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO PUNISH SOMEBODY FOR MY OWN INCOMPETENCE ”

True. I just love those kind of buyers

136 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

:) My last HTML item I had all really nice buyer inquiries / questions, except one who was pretty much along those lines ;)

It is somewhat of a problem tho, at the beginning of an items run especially I suspect it will impact a fair amount on sales.

Improvements I can think of (I assume it currently works via the mean average then rounds to nearest)

1)More detail, see how many users rated how many stars. Obviously if you check an item and it has 4* 5 star ratings and 1* 1 star, you get a better idea what is going on with the item. Or if you see a bunch of 3’s and 4’s, that is quite informative.

2)Perhaps something other than mean? – maybe keep the current mean and add the mode, something like: ‘80% of buyers rated this item 4 stars’ – just to give more of an idea about the contents of the ratings.

3)Remove 10% of the top ratings, and 10% of the bottom. (or some other arbitrary amount). Would weed out ‘those’ buyers that skew a young items rating.

4)Buyer ratings of some kind, probably impractical tho ;)

Dont know how practical any of these would be, but just a few ideas off the top of my head :)

537 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Wondering when a developer or a staff member is going to give us some info about this topic.

The topic is just to important for us to ignore.

I know you’ll are very busy and let me tel you something your not the only one ;). When our themes are buggy or something doesn’t work we have to inform the buyers also and provide a better solution for this.

So please just tell us what to expect. Do you guys improve this or not?

63 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
DMThemes says

+1

At least create some place in our dashboard where we can see exact number of which votes we got.

2058 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I think the more replies this topic gets, the quicker the staff will get to it.

296 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
cosmincotor says

+1 , at least when they want to rate 1 star or 2 they should enter a reason why their rating is so low

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

So many threads over such a long period about this issue – as EVERY author has stated over this long period of time PLEASE do something about this… anything.

As a note the current system is also open to some serious abuse if authors wanted to just screw another author’s sales – it’s just bad from every angle you look at it – again this has also been mentioned many times.

381 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
redfactory says

Yes, improved rating system and searchable comments. Those are about the two MOST asked for features by authors here on themeforest :p

+13 to both of them!

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 I think the more replies this topic gets, the quicker the staff will get to it.

+1

I have no problem supporting items but when people who dont know what a 404 is, and cant figure out they did not upload all the files to your plugin, have the ability to rate your item as a 1 in stone, is ridiculous. Especially when the ratings are one of the few usable metrics to sort by in some marketplaces.

by
by
by
by
by
by