• Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Hey guys, Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve made a note of it. Sounds like the simplest solution would be to move “Report” to the far right side next to “Permalink” so it’s totally removed from the proximity to “Reply with Quote”. Maybe even some additional styling if need be. Either way, we’ll submit it to the devs and try and get it in the queue of maintenance updates, thanks again. :)

849 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Rewroc says
scottwills said
Either way, we’ll submit it to the devs and try and get it in the queue of maintenance updates, thanks again. :)

Thank you for the information Scott. :)

2954 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Fail. I just reported an item comment instead of replying. Even with the button over the side. Late night in a hurry. Red flashing animated gifs with warning messages please. lol

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says
scottwills said
Hey guys, Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve made a note of it. Sounds like the simplest solution would be to move “Report” to the far right side next to “Permalink” so it’s totally removed from the proximity to “Reply with Quote”. Maybe even some additional styling if need be. Either way, we’ll submit it to the devs and try and get it in the queue of maintenance updates, thanks again. :)

Thanks Scott. But in my opinion the most important thing is related with the item comments. Not so important (but useful, anyway) here on forums.

386 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WPExplorer says

+1

Lol, would have been funny if this thread was reported on accident. LOL

note: make report button “red”.

2576 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says
pezflash said
Thanks Scott. But in my opinion the most important thing is related with the item comments. Not so important (but useful, anyway) here on forums.

I’m not sure “Report” is such a problem on item comments. If you look at the image below, you will see that we previously tweaked it where “Reply” is not only away from “Report”, it’s the last item in the row AND it’s separated by an icon for extra distinction and clarity:

Not saying that it’s perfect UI and it can always be improved of course, but if users are clicking “Report” instead of “Reply” in item comments, that’s generally the fault of the user, not necessarily the UI in this particular instance. Personally, I would therefore deem the forum tweak more critical than in item comments.

213 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
agusmu says
scottwills said
I’m not sure “Report” is such a problem on item comments. If you look at the image below, you will see that we previously tweaked it where “Reply” is not only away from “Report”, it’s the last item in the row AND it’s separated by an icon for extra distinction and clarity:

Not saying that it’s perfect UI and it can always be improved of course, but if users are clicking “Report” instead of “Reply” in item comments, that’s generally the fault of the user, not necessarily the UI in this particular instance. Personally, I would therefore deem the forum tweak more critical than in item comments.

Don’t forget, we (regular user) only see “Report” and “Reply” links…

But you (Mod&Staff) can see “Report”, “Edit”, “Delete”, and “Reply” links… ;)

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ That’s exactly the reason for issue on item comments. REPORT – REPLY both having almost equal width, first 3 characters are same and just separated by an icon which seems like different purpose button.

Requires unnecessary attention while replying, like RED pill – BLUE pill :D

(Again, it is about item comment – Not forum)

2024 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+3 more
revaxarts says

Why just a confirmation with something like

“you’re gonna report this as inappropriate, are you sure?”

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says
scottwills said

This is what i see:
\\

Makes non sense that on answers the only available button is “report” and that any user can click on it, and it takes action without any further alert notice (as Revaxarts points out). I think any user tends to follow the conversation by clicking on reply on each answer, an then reporting the messages by error. Also, notice that the comment icon is placed between both labels, but is hard to link it directly with any of them.

Not asking for a perfect UI, just for a correct and logical buttons placement. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by