83 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Visualspire says

Hi, I just had an idea for a feature implementation that I feel the need for as a buyer. On any item sale page, there’s an item discussion. The discussions are important and provide answers to important questions that the buyer has and I’m sure many people browse through them for specific aspects of interest. However, if an item discussion has a large number of comments spread across multiple pages, it’s really hard to scan through the entire discussion. I once read an author say “you can read my earlier comment as its related to your question” and then the buyer replied “you really want me to go through 127 comments to get the answer?”

Can Envato include a feature to search the item discussion comments for a specific keyword or phrase – just like a usual search box?

I observed this on another site where I used to review cellphones before buying them. Go to gsmarena(dot)com and click on any phone. The specs page opens up and at the bottom you can see a Read All Opinions link. From that page, you can simply search comments of different users.

This way if i’m looking to buy a theme, I can just search the comments on it for any specific requirement that I might have. So putting a search box particularly for the comments section (item discussion) is a good idea.

Thanks.

951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

To me this sounds as a great feature, I also browse the discussion section looking for answers to the questions I have (often not taken up in the FAQ ).

83 posts
Visualspire says

Yeah you see, its going to be a great help. But it looks like no one from the staff will ever read this thread…ahh well.

1913 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TPN Envato team says

Hey VisualLife,

Please submit your suggestion(s) here:

http://www.formspring.com/forms/envato-suggestion_form

83 posts
Visualspire says

Hmm..alright, thanks. I’ll send this request via the form.

by
by
by
by
by
by