4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I think people should absolutely NOT delete the PSD file. I know its tough because they can just buy it as a functioning template. But I personally don’t keep files on my hard drive too long. There have been many occasions where I re-downloaded files months later. And I would be very frustrated if I found out something I bought was no longer available to me, because it was turned into a template, that I had no access to. I think by deleting the file you are seriously hurting the buyers of the original PSD . That just my 2 cents.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

If that would be an issue why can’t ThemeForest just continue to provide the files for download for the item’s buyers. Then you can still download your files 6 months later but the seller isn’t getting double exposure.

OR

If there is a PSD and an HTML Template for sale of the same design, just setup the front page so it only show’s the HTML Template or something.

31 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
jmrodgers says

I think the psd should be left with the template, what if I user needs to change a graphic or update the logo? The psd is really the best way to allow users to completely customize the template they purchased.

698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says
taking advantage of the system

This is the problem, but more personal.

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

I’m just glad someone turned off the caps lock on this thread, that is absolutely annoying.

208 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
AdrianMG says

One more vote to remove PSD ’s converted to themes!

+12 more
jremick Envato team says
I’m just glad someone turned off the caps lock on this thread, that is absolutely annoying.

lol, +1 to that! :)

698 posts
+10 more
segen says
I think people should absolutely NOT delete the PSD file. I know its tough because they can just buy it as a functioning template. But I personally don’t keep files on my hard drive too long. There have been many occasions where I re-downloaded files months later. And I would be very frustrated if I found out something I bought was no longer available to me, because it was turned into a template, that I had no access to. I think by deleting the file you are seriously hurting the buyers of the original PSD . That just my 2 cents.

The psd is still available in site template and the since the prices are in some cases almost equal for both categories then You can still download the PSD :D

+12 more
jremick Envato team says
The psd is still available in site template and the since the prices are in some cases almost equal for both categories then You can still download the PSD :D

But then you would have to purchase the template to get the file you’ve already paid for.

698 posts
+10 more
segen says

Yeah we could go on an on with this. My intention was to nicely ask authors to be moral and not to take advantage of the system and play fair like most of us here. I guess that comes down to individuals decision.

by
by
by
by
by
by