• Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I think people should absolutely NOT delete the PSD file. I know its tough because they can just buy it as a functioning template. But I personally don’t keep files on my hard drive too long. There have been many occasions where I re-downloaded files months later. And I would be very frustrated if I found out something I bought was no longer available to me, because it was turned into a template, that I had no access to. I think by deleting the file you are seriously hurting the buyers of the original PSD . That just my 2 cents.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+7 more
jremick Staff says

If that would be an issue why can’t ThemeForest just continue to provide the files for download for the item’s buyers. Then you can still download your files 6 months later but the seller isn’t getting double exposure.

OR

If there is a PSD and an HTML Template for sale of the same design, just setup the front page so it only show’s the HTML Template or something.

31 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
jmrodgers says

I think the psd should be left with the template, what if I user needs to change a graphic or update the logo? The psd is really the best way to allow users to completely customize the template they purchased.

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says
taking advantage of the system

This is the problem, but more personal.

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

I’m just glad someone turned off the caps lock on this thread, that is absolutely annoying.

208 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
AdrianMG says

One more vote to remove PSD ’s converted to themes!

• Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
+7 more
jremick Staff says
I’m just glad someone turned off the caps lock on this thread, that is absolutely annoying.

lol, +1 to that! :)

698 posts
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says
I think people should absolutely NOT delete the PSD file. I know its tough because they can just buy it as a functioning template. But I personally don’t keep files on my hard drive too long. There have been many occasions where I re-downloaded files months later. And I would be very frustrated if I found out something I bought was no longer available to me, because it was turned into a template, that I had no access to. I think by deleting the file you are seriously hurting the buyers of the original PSD . That just my 2 cents.

The psd is still available in site template and the since the prices are in some cases almost equal for both categories then You can still download the PSD :D

• Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
+7 more
jremick Staff says
The psd is still available in site template and the since the prices are in some cases almost equal for both categories then You can still download the PSD :D

But then you would have to purchase the template to get the file you’ve already paid for.

698 posts
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

Yeah we could go on an on with this. My intention was to nicely ask authors to be moral and not to take advantage of the system and play fair like most of us here. I guess that comes down to individuals decision.

by
by
by
by
by
by