2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
pixelito says

Please remove the whole PSD section. Its obsolete. Most ppl need coded version (go check the psd sales vs. coded sales).

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

We don’t sell as many PSD templates as our site template category, but that’s hardly a reason to remove it! On the contrary, that category performs quite well.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says
Please remove the whole PSD section. Its obsolete. Most ppl need coded version (go check the psd sales vs. coded sales).

More people do need a coded version but there are still lots of people who just want a design (like web devs) and some great designers who can’t code yet.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
twenty3design says

I have been thinking about this, and I think that providing a customer with the choice to either buy just the PSD or the PSD and the coded version is sensible. I’m a designer/developer and I can think of instances when I’d like just the design (to code it myself, either as a wordpress template or silverstripe template etc), or when I’d like the code too (for when I know exactly what it’s for).

I don’t want to have to spend $30-$40 just for the PSD , when I could get the PSD for $10.

I’ve just finished a design for the PSD section (which I plan on uploading today), and I’ll begin the process of coding it over the next couple of weeks (then I’ll want to upload that in the wordpress section for sale too).

What’s the envato stance on this issue?

by
by
by
by
by
by