Please somebody can offer help/advice with changing a minor detail on my site: www.layersinmotion.com

4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
MariusDahl_ says

In the middle on the right-hand side on my first page on my site www.layersinmotion.com , I have put a widget that will display “social tabs” if you click on it. Anybody know how to change the code, so my widget would be visible as default instead of hidden???

My theme is “Black Label”

Cheers

74 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Taaz says

Hello, if you go to your style.css and search for this element identifier: #home_widget , beneath it you will find a setting that is: right: -290px;

Change that to right: 0; and it should be open by default now on page load.

As always be prepared to test after update and have a backup file handy if you aren’t able to reverse the edits. Let me know if this doesn’t work!

74 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Taaz says

Hello, if you go to your style.css and search for this element identifier: #home_widget , beneath it you will find a setting that is: right: -290px;

Change that to right: 0; and it should be open by default now on page load.

As always be prepared to test after update and have a backup file handy if you aren’t able to reverse the edits. Let me know if this doesn’t work!

My apologies for a double post though I just realized that your button arrow position will be backwards if you use this method.

You can update it through css but your tags will be backwards (btn_open will actually be the opposite), or you can open your script.js file.. the very first function controls this widget. Update it with the code below. This will basically simulate a click as the page loads.

http://pastebin.com/bHzHuRVD (with syntax highlight) //Home widget----------------------------------------> $('#home_widget_btn').click(function() { var $lefty = $(this).parent(); if($lefty.css('right') == "-290px"){ $lefty.animate({right:0}); $(this).addClass("btn_open"); }else{ $lefty.animate({right:-290}); $(this).removeClass("btn_open"); } }).addClass("btn_open").parent().animate({right:0});
4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
MariusDahl_ says

This worked like a charm :) Thank you so much for the help Taaz !

by
by
by
by
by
by