• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says
Everyone is trying to sell the same theme over and over again : a WP-based corporate theme / semi portfolio one.

And buyers are buying “the same theme over and over again.” It’s that simple.

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

I don’t know if it has already been said – I think its hard to even get approved for sale by TF if you try to be different.

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
I don’t know if it has already been said – I think its hard to even get approved for sale by TF if you try to be different.

Not at all! :)

1141 posts
  • Exclusive Author
KarmaThemes says

So that’s one. And how many look the same from top to bottom? Maybe more than one.

629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • United States
VagrantRadio says

Not necessarily. Different is always good.

228 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
stevebluck says

I believe that yes, there is a trend and there always will be. Many themes do look the same but this is how it works.

When something different comes into play and gets a lot of sales, people start to copy and make their own versions of this new style/feature and then that becomes the new trend until the next big thing.

108 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
revit says

I thought the same thing. You look around here and it’s basicly the same designs over and over again just with a few different features and selected colors.

Web development has jumped by leaps and bounds in the last few years, and the work on here should show for it. Let’s bring out some creativity people, and wow some of these customers!

I just uploaded a web app type wp theme that is much different from the generic wordpress theme…so we’ll see if it makes it in.

197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
themeva says
I thought the same thing. You look around here and it’s basicly the same designs over and over again just with a few different features and selected colors.

Web development has jumped by leaps and bounds in the last few years, and the work on here should show for it. Let’s bring out some creativity people, and wow some of these customers!

I just uploaded a web app type wp theme that is much different from the generic wordpress theme…so we’ll see if it makes it in.

I agree with what you’re saying but who would honestly spend 2-5months developing a theme knowing full well that it won’t sell great. There is no business sense in that whatsoever, hence the repetitive themes, we’re here to make money, if people want bespoke they have to pay for bespoke and that’s not going to be $37.. add a couple of 00’s to that.

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by