1042 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I have a plugin displaying google maps using google maps api. I also have a buyer who sees some strange marker shadows on his mac computer. But: I tested my plugin’s page with Adobe Browser Lab and the maps are showing correctly in various Mac OS browsers.

Question is: as a codecanyon author: do we have to provide support for issues on Mac OS systems? I haven’t found anything in author help resources about this.

I would like to help the buyer, but I do not know how, since I do not have a Mac computer.

207 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+13 more
Crusader12 Envato team says

As a CodeCanyon author, you don’t need to provide support for anything. Support is entirely optional. However, it is recommended to provide support – since that is something that buyers look into before purchasing your item. Not providing excellent support may save you some time and anguish, but will only hurt your sales in the long run.

The best advice I can offer is to reach out to the CodeCanyon community and see if someone can confirm this issue on their Mac. I would help you out, but I’m a PC user as well ;)

Best of luck!

1042 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
greenline says

As a CodeCanyon author, you don’t need to provide support for anything. Support is entirely optional. However, it is recommended to provide support – since that is something that buyers look into before purchasing your item. Not providing excellent support may save you some time and anguish, but will only hurt your sales in the long run.

The best advice I can offer is to reach out to the CodeCanyon community and see if someone can confirm this issue on their Mac. I would help you out, but I’m a PC user as well ;)

Best of luck!

I will do that from now on – then many thanks in advance to the community ! Fortunately I had an excellent customer and we tried together different things until we have sorted it out. It seems it was a conflict with another plugin which we finally solved together.

302 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Art101 says

As a CodeCanyon author, you don’t need to provide support for anything. Support is entirely optional.

I know it’s there but I can’t find its reference in the license details.. please send me a link. Thanks

207 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+13 more
Crusader12 Envato team says
302 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Art101 says

Thanks for your quick response Crusader12 :)

by
by
by
by
by
by