251 posts themesdepot.org
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

I’ve opened a support ticket (#YRZ-806-38890 just in case the staff remembers to answer to it) but haven’t got an answer, so i’m opening a topic here in case someone knows the answer already.

I’m getting more and more requests from buyers asking to build certain functionalities for one of my theme, i believe that some of these features shouldn’t be part of the theme itself so i’d like to add them into a separate plugin. Am i allowed to sell these kind of plugins that only work for my theme on CodeCanyon? How are the reviewer going to test the plugin if they won’t have the theme? Has any other author ever tried this?

Thank you.

1703 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I was thinking about same thing. I believe you won’t get accepted on CodeCanyon with plugins that only work with your themes. Such plugins should come only with your theme package.

632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

I think you are allowed, there are already items on there which are extensions to plugins from the same buyer.

For instance the visual composer has 2 items which sell on there which only work with visual composer, I would see no reason why it would be different when it comes to themes.

1185 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

You can do extensions for plugins that are available for sale on Codecanyon or for any other Open Source plugins, but for themes, it should not allowed, because if this is allowed imagine what CC will become…

*Anyways, flaged for staff reply. :)

1350 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Selling plugins for themes, directly on the theme page in theme forest would be a very interesting model. As Smartik says, this probably isn’t the best idea for CodeCanyon overall.

by
by
by
by
by
by