60 posts High Quality Themes
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
HighThemes says

Not sure if here is the right place for this poll. But what’s your idea? Which one is better, the previous blog or the new one?

1) In the Woods? 2) Tumblog!?

My choice is definitely #1

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

The old blog. I dont like the dumpblog :P

168 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Fuel99 says

I’d say the first one..

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
BroOf says

I liked the previous more.

136 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Raspo says

The new one is just… useless!

But They say this is a problem of money…

60 posts High Quality Themes
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
HighThemes says

The can remove tumblog and use twitter instead without missing any functionality of it.

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

We all want the previous blog but Jeffrey told us a few posts ago that they’ve switched to Tumblr because is hard and expensive to maintain the other blog :)

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

LOL – the grass is always greener… :)

We had a massive discussion over this a while ago right after the launch… my sentiments are still the same even though I’ve really tried to give the new blog a change. The new Tumblog just doesn’t feel right. Drew’s doing a great job with it, I just don’t really like the Tumblog format at the moment as it doesn’t really engage me beyond whether or not I’m interested in the products there. I used to look forward to the rich articles that we had on the old blog and as time passes, I feel like that original content that used to be generated was a a powerful “glue” for a good portion of people here.

As the community grows, it feels like the problems with the old blog (not enough contributors, higher cost of maintenance, etc.) should all be manageable now. I know that I’ve got a lot more spare time on my hands and I’m always down to kick out a few articles a month.

Traffic is ultimately the key metric here – if the new Tumblog is driving traffic, let’s keep it by all means. My guess is that the old blog was axed because it just didn’t drive enough traffic/revenue to justify it’s existence. I happen to think we can do a lot better as a community with a full blown blog with original content… in fact, most of the content that’s showing up in the Tumblog right now feels like it could just become a “featured on Tumblr” sidebar in a full blown blog with original content. But that doesn’t change the fact that there were presumably reasons why the old blog was ditched. My vote’s still on the old blog format though :)

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
Drew’s doing a great job with it, I just don’t really like the Tumblog format at the moment as it doesn’t really engage me beyond whether or not I’m interested in the products there.

Hey Brandon,

Actually Adrian Try runs the Tumblogs for the marketplaces, to give proper credit where it is due (and I agree he is doing a nice job with them) :)

I echo your sentiments and those of many, I loved the old blogs too, they were great! Not that I don’t enjoy the Tumblr blogs, because I do, they are just different to me. As noted, there were a few reasons why we chose to do so, I know it wasn’t the most popular move with everyone but I think the decision to stick with the new format for a bit will be the most likely path of action for now.

To all – I know the old blog style was very well loved, I really empathize with that, and I don’t have much more information on that than what I’ve mentioned. I can tell you we have some really cool and fun community plans that we are going to unroll soon, I think it’s really going to rally the community and bring us something we can look forward to :)

1799 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says
I can tell you we have some really cool and fun community plans that we are going to unroll soon, I think it’s really going to rally the community and bring us something we can look forward to :)

But will them bring us the love to the old blogs back :(?

by
by
by
by
by
by