64 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Kiss_Collective says

Ok so since the discussion on whether or not to reinstate comments on the front of product pages is going round in circles on this thread, I decided to put a poll together to get a sense of the overall opinion on TF.

Click the link below to enter the PollDaddy poll:

Put comments back on front page of ThemeForest product?
741 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

Bump it up sometimes if you don’t want this thread to get buried :)

675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

Its nice to have poll, but really I would like Envato to do it.

I have casted my vote none-the-less. till now people want it back on home page :-)

10 posts
multiarts says

Nice idea but the poll should be for all marketplaces (you’ll notice in the discussion thread at the bottom of each eprsons reply is a “VIA CodeCanyon” and the like as its been submitted to the All Marketplaces section of the forums) and it doesn’t include the suggestions for different solutions that were voiced throughout the thread multiple times that could potentially make both sides happy such as splitting the comments between the homepage (authors to purchasers) and other page (authors to authors). I think if Envato make a solution it would be best to do one that is less yes OR no and more yes AND no :)

64 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
Kiss_Collective says
Nice idea but the poll should be for all marketplaces (you’ll notice in the discussion thread at the bottom of each eprsons reply is a “VIA CodeCanyon” and the like as its been submitted to the All Marketplaces section of the forums) and it doesn’t include the suggestions for different solutions that were voiced throughout the thread multiple times that could potentially make both sides happy such as splitting the comments between the homepage (authors to purchasers) and other page (authors to authors). I think if Envato make a solution it would be best to do one that is less yes OR no and more yes AND no :)

Agreed, polls don’t do ambiguity. But it is another point of reference along side the lengthy discussion thread. Hopefully it will be of some help to Envato when they finally get round to addressing this matter.

675 posts
+6 more
dexterous says

@Support – can you please move this thread under ‘ALL’ category. I think this is beneficial for all marketplaces.

thanks.

10 posts
multiarts says

Well I was just saying that not all polls are Yes or No answers but if more people vote for one option than the others its still not ambigious. So if say there was an option in the poll for “Yes for sales-related comments only” and more people voted for that one or less people voted for that one, you’d still see an overwhelming average. Anyway I respect that you’ve taken the time to make this poll to help and its good of you so meant no offence. Was just suggesting how it could encourage more votes if its possible to edit/add options to the poll. I REALLy want to vote, but I think neither Yes or No, I think Yes some comments should be moved back to the forefront, just not all. Of course you can’t have 25 options to a poll but I think at least 1 median inbetween option is good just like there is a “Don’t Care” option for those who are ambivilous. I could make up anything but the median “Sales Support related only” has been voiced quite a lot during the thread which is only reason I suggest it as the 1 option.

And yes I agree with a thread move, since the comments system change is across all marketplaces as any change to 1 marketplace affects them all since they share 1 system to save maintenance time so if they change it for Themeforest it would also be changed for ActiveDen, GraphicRiver, 3DOcean, CodeCanyon, VideoHive, AudioJungle etc.

Anyway sorry if I sounded like I meant offense, not my intention. All the best.

675 posts
+6 more
dexterous says

We need more votes.

BTW , till now also people want comments back on first page. :-)

87 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Aaron_Osteraas says

I have moved it but we’ll be keeping a very close eye on it.

Don’t get out of hand guys.

306 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
DigitalRicky says

I kinda did like it how it was before, less clicking buttons

by
by
by