1028 posts Freelance Flash and JavaScript Developer
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
sike says

The most popular file sells only 39 times last week in ActiveDen, compare with ThemeForest’s top file sells 123 times. And ThemeForest surpasses TemplateMonster recently. I think we need put the high standards in ActiveDen asap… :)

755 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
djankey says
The most popular file sells only 39 times last week in ActiveDen, compare with ThemeForest’s top file sells 123 times. And ThemeForest surpasses TemplateMonster recently. I think we need put the high standards in ActiveDen asap… :)
asap
3749 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

I think we need to do what P&K did. :(

592 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

This really takes all my morale :/

I know there are changes going on activeden, but they are being slow, users simply just don’t come to activeden because of the huge flow of low quality files that keep coming here. This site needs a large clean up, raise the quality bar asap. Flash is just getting a bad name :s

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

There is shift change in the market with flash. But as much as i value AD it’s not a measure for flash popularity.

Flash need a special care in maintenance, and it’s costly so the alternate is Word-press which is more friendly for the ordinary user and many go with it this days.

As to AD …it has been like that for the last 6 month or so i think, but there is a drop just looking on the main home page, if DS has 0 sales on his new App for 3 days in a raw something is wrong here(:

But I do agree with the Pezh` ….P&K move applying for a new future to boost your sells

2204 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

I do not think it’s the quality of the files but rather people are just transitioning to other media like html or wordpress. I remember this happened before when flash was starting out all of a sudden everyone had flash web sites instead of the static html. Now i think it’s going the opposite way. Plus the wp stuff is so easy to update that people just rather edit their sites in their browser online.

There are a lot of good CMS apps out there for flash as well but i think that is also not the reason why people are buying wp themes. I think another reason could be SEO .

What do you guys think??

Cheers

1633 posts fueledweb.com
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

As to AD …it has been like that for the last 6 month or so i think, but there is a drop just looking on the main home page, if DS has 0 sales on his new App for 3 days in a raw something is wrong here(:

true, and it’s pretty clear that everyone can see

592 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
+4 more
plusquare says
Hey

I do not think it’s the quality of the files but rather people are just transitioning to other media like html or wordpress. I remember this happened before when flash was starting out all of a sudden everyone had flash web sites instead of the static html. Now i think it’s going the opposite way. Plus the wp stuff is so easy to update that people just rather edit their sites in their browser online.

There are a lot of good CMS apps out there for flash as well but i think that is also not the reason why people are buying wp themes. I think another reason could be SEO .

What do you guys think??

Cheers

One of the few things html beats flash by far. But that has always been this way. What determines this change is the current huge demanding for blogs and templates that can expose better a company or someone to the world, and of course SEO is one of the main reasons because people are turning to wordpress, that along with how easy it is to update.

But the last one can be easily cornered, by us authors providing also easy update templates, providing always an administrator panel. Not the hardest thing to do, you just need a little script to save xml and that’s it

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

true, and it’s pretty clear that everyone can see

Yes but really there is nothing you can do about it ,I do flash from its early days before the millennium start it’s a cyclic in flash popularity, but I can say this from 2007 as AS3 came out there is a drop in all aspects when its come to flash. Flash is getting more complex and the day the that every kid can build good flash website are over, also the pressingly Adobe change the technology and software update is not proportional to the market overview by developers, just look at CS4 it was a total failure.

IMO as the time goes by you will need more master developers for flash there won’t be any more room for averages.

So I think flash will shrink in time in popularity i already see it in the place i work on the matrix division, its the biggest school for flash in the world, 2 years ago all class was always full today you see half class populated on a regular base + the amount of flasher certified drop in 30% this year on the global ,i don’t remember such a time but I can tell you this its nothing to do with AD its just the way Tec work.

Also on a personal note Adobe have a big part on what is going on with flash this days, they are doing so many mistakes IMO in the way they are marketing flash ..

But don’t worry RIM you will be in the flash business for a very very long time …….

843 posts
+7 more
marcfolio says

It’s because my file got hard disabled. Everyone felt jaded so they are waiting for me to release a new banner rotator.

All kidding aside we haven’t seen a really great file in a while. I think if some were to release a great template or file they’ll get the sales.

And demand for certain files is changing. What use to garrentee good numbers might not move much.

by
by
by
by
by
by