535 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Portugal
plusquare says
It’s because my file got hard disabled. Everyone felt jaded so they are waiting for me to release a new banner rotator.

All kidding aside we haven’t seen a really great file in a while. I think if some were to release a great template or file they’ll get the sales.

And demand for certain files is changing. What use to garrentee good numbers might not move much.

Exactly marcfolio, we just have to start making new inovating files :)

465 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
CurtyCurt says

Great thread. There has to be more to it than just on our part, (producing awesome files). I have been studying sales here on activeden for quite a while, and there is definitely a huge fluctuation in sales from week to week, which I think has to do with the traffic activeden is bringing in. I think if SEO statistics for activeden was public knowledge we would see that there is more to it than just the type/quality of files that we are producing.

567 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
iamdok says

@ marcfolio . What happened to your latest file? I’m a follower of yours and i noticed it missing from the homepage. Hard disabled??

Last few weeks have been very slow, despite a new release of my own. It dangerous to spend a lot of time on a file for AD at the moment. It may not be the best investment of your time you can make.

843 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
marcfolio says

I say its more innovative files because as I look back over the past couple months of files there some good files. Files that a year ago would have made more than a dozen sales. I think DS was the first one to pickup on the trend that the only files moving are banner rotators and site templates. Sure there’s an exception here and there but if you back through the history it proves it.

At least that’s my opinion.

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

One possible reason (maybe i’m wrong):

1 year ago Flashden was a community of flash developers. All kind of files where selling ok, or at least all made few sales to make worth the effort of creating and documenting it.

Right now Activeden is a (huge) community of “normal” users. They are looking for a very few kind of files: galleries (let’s put inside the rotators), application to put in their own html sites (news readers and so) and templates.

<”}}><

1969 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
mafloral says
I say its more innovative files because as I look back over the past couple months of files there some good files. Files that a year ago would have made more than a dozen sales. I think DS was the first one to pickup on the trend that the only files moving are banner rotators and site templates. Sure there’s an exception here and there but if you back through the history it proves it. At least that’s my opinion.

Hey you are saying that banner rotators are moving and full templates? So why not except more banner rotators if there is a demand for it?

Cheers

843 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
+2 more
marcfolio says
I say its more innovative files because as I look back over the past couple months of files there some good files. Files that a year ago would have made more than a dozen sales. I think DS was the first one to pickup on the trend that the only files moving are banner rotators and site templates. Sure there’s an exception here and there but if you back through the history it proves it. At least that’s my opinion.

Hey you are saying that banner rotators are moving and full templates? So why not except more banner rotators if there is a demand for it?

Cheers

I think there’s demand but the problem is a lot of the banner rotators being submitted weren’t bringing anything new to the genre. They were just copycats of banners previously submitted. Authors can still submit a banner rotator, but it’s got to bring something new or have a radically new design, functionality, or some other wow factor..

4358 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

What’s happening is totally normal, ActiveDen sales are not dropping. Its just that there are more files and authors on AD than TF, therefore sales are spread out more. AD has 10 000 files, whereas TF has 2500. So just because AD popular files have less high sales than TF doesn’t mean TF files are selling better. Its just there are more popular files on AD for buyers to choose from so less chance of higher sales on individual items. If you want to compared AD to TF, look at total overall sales.

1657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

I didn’t release anything new and I’m still selling my tiny portfolio. By the end of the month I’ll refresh it with something big and fresh eheheh :D

81 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Co-thinkers says
What’s happening is totally normal, ActiveDen sales are not dropping. Its just that there are more files and authors on AD than TF, therefore sales are spread out more. AD has 10 000 files, whereas TF has 2500. So just because AD popular files have less high sales than TF doesn’t mean TF files are selling better. Its just there are more popular files on AD for buyers to choose from so less chance of higher sales on individual items. If you want to compared AD to TF, look at total overall sales.

agree.

by
by
by
by
by
by