592 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says
What’s happening is totally normal, ActiveDen sales are not dropping. Its just that there are more files and authors on AD than TF, therefore sales are spread out more. AD has 10 000 files, whereas TF has 2500. So just because AD popular files have less high sales than TF doesn’t mean TF files are selling better. Its just there are more popular files on AD for buyers to choose from so less chance of higher sales on individual items. If you want to compared AD to TF, look at total overall sales.
agree.

I agree, but there has been a drop. Nothing to worry in my opinion. The market is changing, we just have to adapt to it.

1552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

Why are you comparing AD and TF ? TF sells ONLY TEMPLATES , right? That is a big difference. AD is a mix of TF and GR and CC …. and that’s the real problem. On the homepage there is a cool template and right next to it, there is some animation of a horse , everything is mixed up. If AD doesn’t smarten up soon , someone else will. :)

915 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
michaelhejja says

AD Sales fluctuate up and down, but are around the same range that they always were. It just seems less now that TF has blown up…

592 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says
Why are you comparing AD and TF ? TF sells ONLY TEMPLATES , right? That is a big difference. AD is a mix of TF and GR and CC …. and that’s the real problem. On the homepage there is a cool template and right next to it, there is some animation of a horse , everything is mixed up. If AD doesn’t smarten up soon , someone else will. :)

Exaclty. I think flash templates could move to themeforest, turning this to the templates site. Or other alternative, but the fact is that our templates aren’t getting enough attention and this was already mentioned before like here: http://activeden.net/forums/thread/junk-is-killing-flashden/17335?page=1

The fact is that templates needs more exposure on the front page and there should be a column only for templates on the front page at least.

4669 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Just wait for more authors to come onto TF and more similar file saturation and TF will have similar looking sales to AD right now… its inevitable. TF reminds me of how AD was 1 year ago.

1028 posts Freelance Flash and JavaScript Developer
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
sike says

Em… So I just miss the golden age of ActiveDen. :)

3749 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Sounds like an ABBA song… “Golden age of ActiveDen…”
(electronic guitars on background… uhmmm i’m starting to dance…) 8)

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Yes, but now you are in plutonium age! :P

I think still the opportunities are there. When I found 2 of my files started selling well, actually I forced one of my friend (FMedia) to start posting files immediately before competition grows. Initially it didn’t gone well but it looks like now he found the way. By observing his files and sales I can say success mostly relies on how balanced the item is. Competition is a secondary factor. The common problem here is coming up with files that balances demand and uniqueness. Rarely we (the authors) catch the balance, most times fail!

2195 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Sales from last week where low but from the time I have released my top seller the sales where always around 50 / week and it hasn’t changed in over 4 months, so don’t you worry AD has ups and downs but the average is almost the same each month :)

17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
d76 says

2 years ago this place was amazing. The files were innovative and buying was up.

Now the files are lackluster (sorry), there is page after page of low quality files and the buying has stopped. Though I think you’ll find there are loads of buyers still hanging around in he shadows in hope of someone like Triworks, who used to regularly make innovative awesome files that were exciting, makes something new again. There are a couple of the old authors still hanging around, but they are not putting the files out like they used to.

Maybe flash is dying or already dead. I don’t know. Either way it’s a shame.

Most templates (and new ones) follow the same boring format here. Menu up top, animated centred modular swfs. Boring. Banal. Bland.

And I think Theme Forrest is not that much better. Every template follows the same format, the same jQuery galleries, the same menu…boring. Just graphically different perhaps. Boring. All of it. And once people start realizing that they are all the same they are going to stop buying there too.

by
by
by
by
by
by