438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
christopherjon says

Abuse the system.

Buy 25 copies of your theme at the beginning of the week. Consider it advertising costs. If you can manage at least another 25 sales, you’ll be on the Last Weeks Top Wordpress Sellers page. A hundred sales will get you in the top three rows.

It takes money to make money.

:)

2207 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

Abuse the system.

Buy 25 copies of your theme at the beginning of the week. Consider it advertising costs. If you can manage at least another 25 sales, you’ll be on the Last Weeks Top Wordpress Sellers page. A hundred sales will get you in the top three rows.

Is a good tactic :P

82 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
GJThemes says

Abuse the system.

lol… that’s like the lottery we have up here called Lotto 6/49 which last I heard was 1 in 14 million chances of winning, so in theory if you buy 14 million lottery tickets…..well, it was a good theory while it lasted.

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Little-Neko says

Popular Items isnt fair, i would agree one month ago, but now we have one item in top week sellers, and i changed my mind, ha ha :)

More seriously, I agree 100% visibility is a big problem for authors, but keep in mind that buyers wont buy 10 different themes when they need 1, just because there are more visible. A fair system for authors would mean few sales for everyone at the end of the day, look at other market places.

316 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
SyamilMJ says

Abuse the system.

Just the fact that this will actually work shows how poor the system really is.

814 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Abuse the system.

+1

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

You can buy yourself a way in the popular files page but you cant stay there if the buyers dont want to buy your file, so its useless.

894 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
infuse01 says

Abuse the system.

Great, that would also explain this high amount of marketplace members ;-)

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
359 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

The reality is that even i you would invest like that there are sill absolutely no guarantees, and nobody can invest $5-600 weekly in this. It’s a nobrainer. You’d be up one week, but that won’t cover for the loss+ a good enough revenue. The reality is that it’s unfortunately 90% luck, the rest is skill , concentrated power of will and the rest of the qualities the song used to talk about. Truth is that there are some old boring pieces there which keep on selling, so all this fuss is worthless

1871 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Bump :)

Is it possible to change the Weekly Popular Items interval from Monday-Sunday to just show the last 7 days? Perhaps cached daily at Melbourne midnight? I don’t even ask for a real-time list because I am sure that would be quite heavy on the computing power, am I right?

by
by
by
by
by
by