203 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
ikaruna says

Hello,

I’m experiencing a problem, it seems a FF add-on popup blocker adds a strange class to my portfolio images, this causes the images not to load anymore, I tried to remove the class with JS, still it ads it again. Now, my question is how do I fix this, does it have to do with the names of my classes?

You can see it Here

thank you! jayc

203 posts
+3 more
ikaruna says

You will not believe this: I had WP generate thumbs like this:

parent::addImageSize(300, 250, $settings[‘post_type’].’-preview’, true);

guess what it was naming the image something like:

uploads/2012/12/7_large-300×250.jpg

which has the “300×250” text, which is a standard banner size and was blocked by banner blockers.

So, never ever make thumb sizes of 300×250.

jacy

137 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

Which popup blocker?

It might be the particular image size is triggering it (tried a diff size?) – maybe only a single pixel might get round it.

https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easylist.txt

will give you an idea what to not name the files (not sure if class names / id’s trigger it, but it looks like resizing scripts with certain image sizes will).

137 posts
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

Ah heh, slightly too late ;)

Glad you fixed it :D

203 posts
+3 more
ikaruna says

Ah heh, slightly too late ;) Glad you fixed it :D

Thanx ThemeShaper :),

For once this one: Adblock Plus

It was driving me crazy I spent about 6 hours on this issue, initially I did not know that was a popup blocker (my partner informed me that portfolio wont show up).

cheers! jayc

2468 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I don’t think it’s a theme’s responsibility to handle issues created by some pop-up blocker from a 3rd party. It’s like coding a workaround for some security setting in an ancient IE version; you just can’t cover all scenarios. And you shouldn’t, because it’s a website template, not an app or something else.

Don’t get me wrong jayc, but you shouldn’t need to do that; let alone spend 6 hours on it. (it’s for a commercial theme, I suppose?)

Anyway, it sure is plain stupid for that plugin to block images based on a name pattern. They should find another way of blocking them, as a site owner I want to name my images however the hell I wish. Stupid plugin. :)

137 posts
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

I think its just one of those things we have to deal with. Well, we don’t have to, and its not the responsibility of the theme author.. but if a buyer has an adblocker running, view the demo and the demo uses a size that makes it blockable, its a potential lost sale ;) (it is also a lot of possible support questions down the line).

I think most of the filters they check for would be no prob (putting ‘ad’ and such in the names isn’t too likely ;)) – but the image sizing is definitely one that could catch you out (I think I have run into it before).

by
by
by
by
by
by