• Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
HaziqMir says

Hey guys!

I am a newbie in this industry and I have just started work on my portfolio design. I want to know your favorite portfolio designs, or your personal likes in a portfolio, or what you think makes a good portfolio.

I did a clean, minimalist mockup but a friend told me that being a designer, I should add more WOW to my portfolio to show off my designing skills.

Please DM or reply here :)

Thanks in advance, Haziq

14 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Marcc3d says

What I see currently in well sold themes is the fact of minimalists designs sells well, what mean if you make a focus in well structured content with a smootlhy design you can reach your goal both to show your work and have a wow factor. Personally I like to focus on content and have a simple design.

2509 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

Newbie? Yeh right :)

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Monkify says

You mind posting it up for us to see, Haziq? I’d love to see how it’s coming :) And I personally would go against the notion of giving it the “WOW” factor. For one, you’ll get tired of it quickly and not want to put effort into posting stuff later on. Secondly, it’s better to keep it clean and minimal to emphasize your quality work.

694 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
HaziqMir says

Thanks guys! :)

ThemeProvince said
Newbie? Yeh right :)

I see what you did there :D

Marcc3d said
What I see currently in well sold themes is the fact of minimalists designs sells well, what mean if you make a focus in well structured content with a smootlhy design you can reach your goal both to show your work and have a wow factor. Personally I like to focus on content and have a simple design.

+1 for minimalism!

Monkify said
You mind posting it up for us to see, Haziq? I’d love to see how it’s coming :) And I personally would go against the notion of giving it the “WOW” factor. For one, you’ll get tired of it quickly and not want to put effort into posting stuff later on. Secondly, it’s better to keep it clean and minimal to emphasize your quality work.

Here goes a concept I was working on… and halted work on later on (specially for you, Dalton ;) ) -

http://www.droplr.com/YkTd
694 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
HaziqMir says

Double post!

by