4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Anyone got any advice for a failure? :)

588 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

what was the failure?

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I can’t post links to my files. Its against the rules. Anyway, I know you’re trying to cheer me up by pretending you don’t know what I’m talking about, so thanks. :D

My portfolio needs friends. Anyone want to share theirs?

34 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
seefooddiet says

Aw_Shucks, your portfolio doesn’t have friends because you keep abandoning your files. If you’d stick with it you’d notice how you would benefit from it.

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Adding files to my portfolio doesn’t guarantee that they will sell well. I’d stick with them if I were happy with their success… IF they were successful.

34 posts
seefooddiet says

So what are you going to do? Give up? You’re not hurting anyone but yourself if you do that. And you’re not giving your customers enough credit if you don’t stand by the files with confidence. Its like you’re saying your files suck, but that just shows that you believe you’re selling crappy files. Customers might find that insulting.

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I don’t believe the customers would be insulted by buying my files. I was always told, “You get what you pay for.” It took me a long time to understand that saying.

I was just asking for advice on how to improve my files. I wasn’t exactly looking for help in seeing that they are good files. I need to make BETTER files, and my files are proof that it is necessary in order to be successful.

588 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+4 more
plusquare says

if you’re talking about your latest template, the preview seems to take a little while on preparing background you should try to make it a little faster.

Few people will buy a file with a broken preview man. You have so many fans, I’m too feeling demoralized in the last few weeks, but if you stop for a bit and think in what you’ve achieved and what you can do, it will boost you workflow and good things will start to come up. I think you don’t have much to complain about. Your partneship seems to go pretty well, and your portfolio has much potencial that you can explore.

Hope you become more confident, sometimes we just need a little push or a good file to revive ;)

34 posts
seefooddiet says

As I see it, after looking at your current portfolio, you need to work on aesthetics badly. Also, try designing something that customers would actually LIKE . You have talent and your files show that. You just need to design things that are more useful. Your files are either plainly useless to most people, or they simply don’t have what customers need. I’m sure that other people’s customers could tell you that.

I can’t explain it, but most customers are looking for templates that support YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter, Vimeo, Social Networking, and other forms of external source web development. They also need things that are innovative. Frankly, your designs lack that for the most part. I’m not saying you suck at developing, but you would do well to consider things like file rating, and the other things I already listed that customers would like. Give it a shot Aw_Shucks.

5948 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Play with photoshop. Spend less time for coding.

In otherwords, don’t hesitate to spend much time experimenting with design. The time we spend with the design is the only time we find/grasp mass buyer needs. Try to find if you have the urge to “start” coding. That is one of our enimy :)

by
by
by
by
by
by