492 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

Hello devs

there’s a bug in portfolio sales counter: if i refresh a few times the portfolio page, our last theme randomly shows 2524 or 2517 without new sales / reversals happening between page reloads.

Same bug affects some items of our other account as well and seems to occur only if you’re logged out.

2590 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hey there,

Just curious, is this the same thing that was reported via this thread? http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/bug-earnings-page-error/126748?page=3

Thank you.

492 posts
+8 more
pixelentity says

nope, this one is different. I just noticed it happens even if you’re logged in and you check other author portfolio, i did a test with avada and again i got 2 values but the difference in this case was much higher.

My guess is that difference = sale reversals, sometimes they get included, sometimes they don’t. Still a pretty annoying bug because we rely on those counters to calculate earnings split for our partners.

2590 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

I hear you… might need to send over a ticket about this though. It’s not that I’m not getting your point straight away, but rather due to the fact that this is quite a random thing, the more direct data we can provide the devs to look into it, the quicker the resolution could be :)

If you could be so kind as to include just those two examples you mentioned (personal case +1 other author, in this case based on Avada), and include required screenshots, I would be happy to push this to the right people.

Thank you for your understanding and help.

2024 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

^ if you need spitted earnings calculated you can use the Statementer:

\\

AKAIK the data from the CSV is always correct

39 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
ab-themes says

This could be due to server propagation or some cache as Envato is probably using several servers and load balancer, so one time you receive result from one server and other time from another. This is just a guess don’t take it for granted :)

492 posts
+8 more
pixelentity says

I hear you… might need to send over a ticket about this though. It’s not that I’m not getting your point straight away, but rather due to the fact that this is quite a random thing, the more direct data we can provide the devs to look into it, the quicker the resolution could be :)
There’s no need to include a screenshot, you can test it yourself:

http://themeforest.net/user/ThemeFusion/portfolio

refresh the page 4-5 times and you’ll see 2 different values (due the amount of difference, they can’t be new sales or reversals)

@revaxarts
we know your tool does it, we also run an awk script to parse the CSV but the problem for us is that we often request withdrawal a day before end of the month so the sales missed would have to be manually included in the next month payment. By using portfolio counters we don’t need to do that.

@ab-themes
can’t be server propagation issue, the bug is only happening since this night and the difference between the 2 values is too high.
182 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
An-Themes says

@pixelentity click F5 several times.

492 posts
+8 more
pixelentity says

@pixelentity click F5 several times.
Not sure if i got what you mean but browser cache isn’t the issue since i use a script to check the value

182 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
An-Themes says

^ Well, after the F5 in Chrome / Firefox, I don’t see anymore the issues with the random sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by