126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Hi everyone

I’ve finally gotten around to putting together a nice “meet and greet” site to introduce people to myself and my work. I plan to use this space to offer support for themes (when I develop more) and to show my current interests. Also in the process of adding a blog where I want to post freebies (bits of design material, perhaps some CSS etc).

I would be very grateful if you could give me some feedback and most importantly, let me know if you see any bugs (this is my second responsive layout so if you’re browsing on a non-desktop device I’d like to hear what you think).

My site can be found here: http://www.webbymatt.co.uk

Thanks for your time :D

342 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
kops says

Hi Matt,

Couple of things:

User user-centered -> user-centred (US / UK spelling)

development, but focus my -> development but focus my

One of the first things I did was try and click on the underlined phrases “web designer” and “frontend developer” (isn’t it front end – two words?) and they aren’t links. I also absentmindedly tried clicking on ‘Contact’ (in ‘contact me’)

The three buckets on the front page have no consistent message – the first is a piece of your work and the other two are links out to third party sites.

Re. marketing your self, I would avoid the phrase, ‘I don’t profess to know everything about it’ under SEO . The fact that you mention it’s a fast moving industry should get that point across without having to spell it out with a negative statement.

Under ‘HTML/CSS development’, the comma should come after the ‘and’, not before (and, by using)

Under ‘User Experience, no need for a comma after ‘and’ (spec and testing )

Minor details aside, it’s a nice clean design, if a little lacking in visual punch at the top.

J

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Thanks very much for your feedback, some really good points there. I was unsure about the highlighting in the intro text myself – is it a link or not? I wanted to add emphasis but without looking like a link.

Good, fair comments all round. Thanks!

1405 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more